cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing paragraphs

grimples
Grafter

Testing paragraphs

When i create or reply to a topic the text is always bunched together, making a new paragraph does not work. Do i need to use HTML. (i pressed enter twice for this line, see if it works)
5 REPLIES 5
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Testing paragraphs

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from General Chat to Community Site Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@grimples      ( using the default Rich Text ) .....

This is paragraph 1.

This is paragraph2. with one "enter" or "return" key press between para 1 and para 2

This is paragraph 3  with two "enter" or "return" key presses between Para 2 and 3.

This is paragraph 4 again, with two "enter" or "return" key Presses between para 3 and para 4

Seems to work for me ! ...

grimples
Grafter

I was booooorn (one enter press) under a wandering (two enter press) staaaaaar
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

What device / browser are you using?

Small view port devices (such as a smart phone) use a different editor.  The full screen editor puts <p></p> around paragraphs, whereas the smaller screen editor simply puts <br><br> between paragraphs.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

@Townman is correct, mobile browsers use a 'plaint text' editor while desktop browsers use the 'rich text' version which adds html and other stuff.

If you are having issues with the mobile browser version, you could always trick the forum into thinking you're on desktop. Most mobile browsers have a 'request desktop version' option, enabling this will trick the forums into giving you the rich text editor. Hope this helps!

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.