cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subforum

SpiritualBeggar
Grafter

Subforum

I dont know whether this has been asked before, so here goes.
Would be possible to split the "Broadband and Routers" forum into seperate entities:
One for "Fibre Broadband" and one for "ADSL Broadband".
It would make looking for information a bit easier, in regards to what service each customer has.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Subforum

If this sub-forum idea is being considered, it might also be worth further splitting the proposed "ADSL broadband" sub-forum into "20CN ADSL broadband" and "21CN ADSL broadband", as they each have their own unique problems and solutions.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Problem 1: What proportion of users would correctly identify which sub-forum to use? I predict a lot of extra work for the moderators.
Problem 2: if the issue is with changing from one to the other, which do you put it in?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

They also do have some common issues.
IIRC it has been considered and was decided against for several reasons, and a good job it was decided against IMHO.
Too many boards to look at for Plusnet staff as well as Mods as well as us.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We used to have a lot more boards than we now do, it got confusing and people tended to just post in the top one or two so we cut them right down to what we've now got.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.