Reset Password Facilty broken....

So I just had to re-register.  Requested PW reset twice - zilch.  Ticked_off

5 REPLIES 5
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Reset Password Facilty broken....

Two things:

1:  Is the email address you are monitoring the same one you originally registered with on the old Forum?  This where the "Reset password" link will be sent.

2:  The process is not always very speedy!  It can take a few hours.

Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

When the community went live there were a few hundred users all requesting email resets so the system was getting backed up with email requests in the queue. I recently tested the password reset facility and it gets to my inbox instantly now. As @MauriceC mentioned, the email will be sent to the email address you originally registered with on the old forum.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@SkylineUK_Dup Would you mind dropping me a PM with the email that you've been trying to get the password reset sent to please.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Just to clarify publicly. The problem on this one was that the email address on the original forum account wasn't what it was thought to be Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

No wonder they were not getting the email Wink so not broken then.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.