Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relationship (if any) to PlusNet User Group Forums

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Relationship (if any) to PlusNet User Group Forums

Hello and apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place, but I couldn't see anywhere more appropriate.
Having been with PlusNet for about a month and reasonably active in these Forums I sort of "stumbled on" the "Official PlusNet User Group" site today to find it also has a Forum.
Now I haven't joined it yet; I'm not entirely clear but it seems to be open to all as there's no obvious (or stated) link back to your customer account.
So, did I miss something, or do new PlusNet customers just have to "discover" this? After all it's labelled "official" and it's on a sub-domain of plus.net so it's clearly not totally independent, so why not tell us about it?
Comments or advice anyone, or is it here already and I've overlooked it?
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Relationship (if any) to PlusNet User Group Forums

Registering on the PUG forums is only possible if you are on a Plusnet IP range so it is not totally open.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

PUG is an independant group who have PlusNets endorsement and are using a server supplied by PlusNet. They have also allowed us to use a sub-domain on plus.net. However, the foums are fully maintained an moderated by PUG.
The PUG website (and sister one usertools) are not linked to the portal or this community site so you won't find links back from it to here.
We do try to make ourselves known and have had articles in past PlusNet Newsletters, although not in the past 2 if I remember.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Thanks for that Peter.
So, could you summarise very briefly what the nature of the PUG is and why anyone would want to join?
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

http://usergroup.plus.net/about.php and related pages explain things.