Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ranking system going crazy?

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Ranking system going crazy?

@jaread83  Ah, OK, thanks for the explanation.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@nadger  Does it come with a young Chinese wife, or some pop star's cast-off?

nadger
Rising Star

@Jonpe Fortunately neither as they allowed me to keep wife of 52 years.

He is 4 years older than me and 3 wives up Cool

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Any news from Lithium as to when this might be fixed @jaread83.  It looks very silly now with even new users classed as 'Legends'.

Getting the rankings corrected could be a bit of a challenge?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

No news yet I'm afraid. I have been making a bit of noise on the Lithium forums about it too.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Could the Legend rank be renamed to Standard or even several space characters until "PNs suppliers" 😉 sort their forum software problems out?

I must take a screenshot of my unmerited rank in the meantime 🙂

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@RichardB wrote:

Could the Legend rank be renamed to Standard or even several space characters until "PNs suppliers" 😉 sort their forum software problems out?

That's not a bad idea at all. I've just mentioned it to @jaread83 and I believe he's implementing it now Thumbs_Up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorted.... although technically it is the same rank, just renamed.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Surely @RichardB deserves his own special rank for that suggestion?

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I was hoping the issue would have been fixed before I resorted to changing the name of the rank. We are still waiting for this to be fixed but in the meantime, the forum will work the same as before and the ranking system has just been nerfed for now.

I will update this thread when I receive any news on progress for a solution.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@jaread83 wrote:
Louisa got in touch with senior staff and it has effectively been raised in severity to be looked into as a matter of urgency (similar to if the entire site was to go offline). We have received word that it is being looked into and a solution put in place asap.

Thankfully the site didn't go offline as the Lithium response has been less than good!

There should at least have been a response to the question of WHAT has happened and more importantly why their QA system allowed this change (if it was a change) to be pushed live without going through the staging process.

Another black mark for Lithium!

Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

One of my heroes, Spike Milligan, was on Lithium too!

A week ago I rose rapidly up the ranks (as screenshot) but now demoted equally as fast to MEMBER.

steroids.JPG

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Legend rank was renamed to Member last week.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I assume that there has been no significant progress made on this @jaread83, time is moving on and the longer it goes on the harder it will be for (I assume you) to restore the ranking levels to what they should be.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Once it has been resolved I will just re-enable the ranking formulas and rename Member back to Legend so it isn't too much to do on my part. The investigation is still ongoing but I will update once I hear about any significant progress.

For now, consider the ranking system to be gimped and not used. I have disabled it as best as I can from our side and I hope it can be resolved soon. When it is fixed, everyones ranks should be restored to what they should be according to the formulas that work them out.

Thanks for your patience with this. I just wish there was more I could do.