cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random jumping off to another topic when buttons pressed !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Random jumping off to another topic when buttons pressed !

I'll concede that my reply was open to that interpretation, and that you are right to qualify Lithium's response.

However over the course of yesterday, I probably experienced more than a hundred (of what I would call) errors whilst using this forum (including this issue ~*6) and yet Lithium didn't see any of them, seems unlikely.

It does also occur to me, that you are assuming that this fault was as a result of an 'error' such as a failed authentication, as @jaread83 suggested in Reply#2.  I am still NOT convinced of the 'authentication' theory, as I am not seeing the same 'authentication' problems  as other people.  I saw no hint that any error had occurred, each time it felt like the clicked button or hyperlink was simply pointing to something it shouldn't have been - and therefore wouldn't have 'flagged' and error in the logs.

Next time it happens, I will try and <Go back> and compare the URL of the page I landed on, against the URL of the thing I clicked, and see whether they were different, and hope that going back doesn't repopulate the hyperlinks with the correct destinations when the previous page reloads.

Oh well, I haven't had many problems today, and will provide the info when I can.

Hopefully they will have more luck finding Bob's 'error'.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Random jumping off to another topic when buttons pressed !

Just to add my 2p to the debate.  I've also seen a number of these instances where I've ended up in a place I didn't think I planned to be.  In many cases I've put it down to "User error" and moved on, but over the past week or so I've seen it occur more frequently.  Extremely difficult to pinpoint quite when / how as it occurs randomly and more frustratingly when I'm not in 'diagnostic mode'.

On quite a number of occaisions it seems that the page I end up landing on is the main Community landing page?   I tend to notice this as it is not a page I regularly use.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.