cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query regarding Sub-Forums removed in the last update.

grimme
Grafter

Query regarding Sub-Forums removed in the last update.

I noticed the Dial-up and Guest forum, Polish speaking forum and Classifieds forum had been removed as part of the last round of updates.
Are guests (and potential would-be subscribers) not allowed to post questions any longer?
What would be a suitable place to post if someone wanted to place an ad?
Was the Polish speaking forum not used?
Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
geewizz
Grafter

Re: Query regarding Sub-Forums removed in the last update.

I don't know the answer to the first question but you can find out by logging out and checking for yourself.
Pace an ad in the most appropriate forum. You should decide for yourself if it belongs in a forum which deals with computer hardware or if it can just go in chit-chat.
The Polish forum had not been posted in for over a month when it was archived.
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: Query regarding Sub-Forums removed in the last update.

The guest/dial-up forum was originally intended to be the only forum available for that classification of user to post in.  As it was, we decided (some time ago) to allow dialup users to post in all forums, so that particular forum became redundant.
For placing an ad, I would choose a forum based upon the content of the ad.  If it's computer networking related, for example, I would post in the appropriate subforum under Computers/Hardware.  If it's not related to computers at all, the General Chit-Chat forum would be the most appropriate place.
Finally - yes, the Polish forum was very under-used, so it has been retired for the moment.
B.