cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with the forum?

Mav
Fixes: 515

Problems with the forum?

Not sure of the best place to post this so please move it to a more appropriate forum if necessary.
Has anyone had any problems when refreshing or opening new pages where the page doesn't load properly using FF? Graphics not showing and the fonts wrongs size - sometimes a refresh corrects other times it doesn't. It doesn't happen every time but very frequently. Was OK earlier today and yesterday.
Occasionally I see this if my bandwidth is maxed out when using JDownloader but that isn't running this afternoon.
The problem doesn't seem to appear in Chrome but then again, haven't tried it for long enough.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

5 REPLIES 5
kmilburn
Grafter

Re: Problems with the forum?

The most common reason for this is that Firefox (or any browser) has failed to load the CSS file,, and is showing an unstyled page.
From what I've seen in FireBug,  the CSS file takes the most amount of time to download of all the content found.
I've been having a number of problems with slow loading pages today,  most caused by the amount of time trying to find files that return 404 errors,  and it's usually the print.css that takes longest to fail.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

The big problem I have at the moment, is when I click on a linky in a posting, that goes to an "outside" website... e.g. the tv listings thread... when the page will show up for a couple of seconds, then the forum page replaces it, and the linky page is located on the bottom task bar... so I have to click on that to access the page, which "normally" would be the "top" page or "currently viewing" page...
not sure why this has just recently started to happen.. (last couple of days)..
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Is Usergroup & Usertools still down? As I'm getting "connecting to users.plus.net" with 2 GETS being aborted after 21 secs. when viewing certain forum and PM pages (related to links and avatars and sig lines I believe)
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Both are working correctly for me.
David
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

As you know the thread on feedback has the details now.