Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Messages

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Private Messages

If I get a private message in my gmail that comes via the forum and reply to that message via gmail why does this not show up in my sent PM's .?

We are born into history and history is born into us.
10 REPLIES 10
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Private Messages

Because you can't reply to a PM notification email - it will probably vanish into a black hole

Perhaps a note should be added to the email

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

We have got a ticket raised internally to update all the emails to let users know that they cannot reply to the email. It is currently not possible to reply by email to post replies to threads and private messages.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

And add a note to the FAQ / Help. please.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Is there any point commenting about the Help/FAQ? All comments seem to have been ignored from even before day 1 Angry

Lurch
Rising Star

That is pretty much the same for every forums FAQ. Stick around anywhere long enough and you see the same questions asked week after week. Unfortunately public decency prevent me from replying to most of them!

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

Anotherone
Champion

I'm afraid that considering the effort that a number of us put into testing this forum software before it went live, and  the feedback provided, I/We expected a lot better than we've got.
I'm coming to the conclusion that they must be hoping we will all eventually get so thoroughly cheesed off that we will go away and stop moaning. Well, fat chance of that!!

Lurch
Rising Star

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

I was going to trim it and reply to part of it but obviously decided not to.It was a line in length so hardly a ridiculous quote to remove, which you replaced with the same amount of mod notes so not sure what you were trying to achieve? If you have noticed I have happily followed those rules for all other posts and trimmed to context as I have been doing on other forums and newsgroups for many years. I think you are just being pedantic, which is fine, I can be like that too. I apologise profusely for ruining the forum completely, luckily all the other users are adhering to conventions and using correct grammar so there probably isn;t much else for you to do.

@Anotherone wrote:

I'm coming to the conclusion that they must be hoping we will all eventually get so thoroughly cheesed off that we will go away and stop moaning. Well, fat chance of that!!

I get that a lot!

Anotherone
Champion

Lurch wrote:
I apologise profusely for ruining the forum completely, luckily all the other users are adhering to conventions and using correct grammar so there probably isn;t much else for you to do.

There undoubtedly is plenty to do, but they ..............
Hmm, on second thoughts best not to go down that avenue Tongue on here anyway Lips_are_sealed

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Just going through the threads that were mentioned in the latest update thread.

A fix for this issue will be pushed live today, you can view details of the fix on the update thread here. See the twelfth item on the 'minor changes' section.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anotherone
Champion

Another one that is looking good, hope @gleneagles is happy Wink

Re_Unread_Topics_Posts_-_Increase_number_of_items_per_page_-_Community_Subscription_Update_Gmail_-_2016-07-29_22.49.49.png