FIXED
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Priority - Forum bugs have appeared

Thanks for the feedback @Anotherone!

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Over the course of yesterday, I did some extensive testing using 3 browsers on one Android mobile, 2 on another Android, and a selection of browsers on mainly one PC, but general forum usage on another PC. (I think Plusnet staff have also tested with iPhones).

I have not encountered any of these javascript issues since the 'fix' was applied. These include -

Issues with the Fly-out menu going direct to profile, the Post and Thread Options menus causing the page to zoom to the top, 'Leave page warning' when moving between RT, HTML or Preview when compiling a post, totally losing content when Previewing a PM (note inserting an image into a PM is also working but I think this was fixed separately).
Marking posts Unread/Read giving Authentication errors was solved by another fix, BUT you may still encounter an Error in cases where you have had a tab open for some time on which there has been no activity - so be careful if it's one where you are compiling a Reply to a post. This is not a bug, it's a Session Time-out matter which has been lengthened since we first highlighted it, but should it prove troublesome, we'll pursue it again Wink

I just need to review this thread, which I'll do later to check I haven't missed any, which I'll add to the list above by edit if I have.

If anyone still has any javascript issues please feel free to reply here with the details. I'll request this thread remain pinned until at least next week for the benefit of an users who haven't visited since the fix was applied.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thank you for taking the time to perform some extensive testing on this @Anotherone. We will keep this topic pinned for a week and see if there are any other issues related to this.

If for any reason any of you are still getting the issues related to the javascript click events described above, try starting a new private browsing session and try it from there (private browsing will re-acquire the web assets and not use your cache). If the site works in the private browing session then it should be a case of clearing your browser cache to resolve this issue for you.

If you are having issues with other things please feel free to start a new thread and I will investigate further what needs to be done to resolve the issue.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Looking good for me.  My Raspberry Pi was particularly prone to the problem with the fly-out menu (possibly all the more so because of the slow processing and consequent long page-load times), it does appear that I can now reliably use the menu where I had times last week when I just could not get the menu to appear at all.  Interestingly I can still see the issue on the fly-out on this device by trying to access the menu while the page is still loading - on any other device I can't replicate because the page loads quicker than I can attempt to access the menu, I'd say this is definitely more of a device issue now (not that I ever bought the Raspberry Pi for web browsing). 

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note.

Please only update this thread if you are still suffering from the specific issues mentioned.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It has been a week and there are no other reports about the javascript issues remaining on the community since the fix was rolled out. I said I would keep this topic stickied for a week and I feel confident that the main issue has been resolved now so I will remove it from the stickied threads.

Thanks everyone for your feedback on this.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Anotherone wrote:

New, well not new actually, only recently sunk-into-skull bug Embarrassed
Font in even recent "Quoted posts" is not the new darker colour @mtrinder I'll drop you a PM later.

Just going through the threads that were mentioned in the latest update thread.

A fix for this issue will be pushed live today, you can view details of the fix on the update thread here. See the first item on the 'minor changes' section.