cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Community - My Friends

Anonymous
Not applicable

Plusnet Community - My Friends

I've been trying to find out the purpose of this facility on the site so in it's simplest terms what use / purpose does it have / serve? Is there a reference to this facility anywhere that I can read?

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Plusnet Community - My Friends

There needs to be a forum reference FAQ, explaining what all the features are, and how they are intended to be used.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought there was which is what I was hinting at regarding something to read.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Browni - I can see how that would be of use. But are there any other uses for it?

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@Anonymous, that's the only use I've found so far. I first came across it on another lithium forum where I could see some email addresses in the user list.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

What is my Friends list and how do I add people?

The Friends list is a way for you to create your own little community within a community.

Depending on your Privacy settings, the people on your Friends list can see your bio and other personal information or whether you're online. If you send Private Messages, you can choose your friends from a list instead of typing their user names.

To add people to your Friends list:

1. Click the username of another community member to see their Profile page.
  2. In the Contact Me area, click Add friend.

That's all there is to it.
To send a PM to a friend, in the PM area, click on the Friends tab, and then click on the envelope symbol to the left of the name.

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I'll be your friend Smiley

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Too late @w23 you're already on my list Wink But it's odd why you weren't informed that I'd added you, you would have thought the system would have told you that I'd added you so you could either smile, scowl, reciprocate or block. Maybe this is something that can be added.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Would you guys find it helpful to have the 'online users' panel updated to have a separate 'my freinds' row? Just putting it out there... might find it useful if you 'freind' someone?

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Not for me @jaread83.   The service is already cluttered with enough gimmicks.   A list is fine for me.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jaread83 - That sounds like a good idea, but what would be even better and I think way more useful would be a floating list, that followed you around page to page or dockable like a toolbar  so you could see instantly when your friend(s) come online.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fair enough, just putting it out there Wink You can access your 'friends' from your profile page if that's any help to anyone.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That actually sounds like a good idea but isn't something I can implement from our end. So kind of like how Facebook messenger works on the desktop website where you can see a list of online/offline freind on the side.

As I said, not something I can do but is worth putting the idea forward to Lithium to look into for future release with an option to turn it off if you dont want to use it.

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

@Anonymous wrote:

Too late @w23 you're already on my list Wink 

Possibly just my memory.  Huh

If I check 'my profile', I have one friend (@Mook), don't know if that's becase you added me or because I added you (as I did around the time I posted earler).  I'll add a few more (hope nobody's offended by being added (or forgotten - sorry that's just my age, nothing personal)).

[Edit] one added, it looks like this might be the only 'result' of adding:

JAReidAdded.PNG

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.