cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photographs

Clem

Photographs

To celebrate the opening of this new community you are running a photography competition. Maybe you could have an area for members to show their pictures?
This could perhaps become an on line photography club, where advice, hints and tips could be shared?
Any ideas.
12 REPLIES 12
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Photographs

A child board under General Chit Chat would be a good place to put this.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Would you guys rather have a forum board to talk about this?  Or an application for managing it?
We could always provide a gallery/flickr application for you.  I don't see why you wouldn't all just use flickr and link to them from our little forum post tool though.
Thoughts?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Clem

Flicker??

Flicker?Huh
I'm afraid I don't know what that is Huh
I looked through other posts where it is mentioned but the link did not work. So can't comment any further on that.
I was hoping that it could be more than a gallery though, hoping to pool peoples knowledge and experience.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Flicker??

Do you mean Flickr?
Simply put, it's a way of sharing your pictures with friends etc.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
James
Grafter

Re: Flicker??

Hi there,
http://flickr.com/ is the homepage.  It's a useful place to store photos online.  I personally use http://photobucket.com
Clem

The technicalities of this are new to me so I don't know what is best, thats why I floated the idea to see if there was any support.
Clem

Whats a child board?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It's a sub-board of the main one. PUG use it for the issue tracker.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Be3G
Grafter

As someone who's interested in photography, I like the idea... I'd be happy with a simple sub forum and use of the Flickr tool, if the tool could be improved a little bit (such as the ability to browse sets).
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: Be3G
As someone who's interested in photography, I like the idea... I'd be happy with a simple sub forum and use of the Flickr tool, if the tool could be improved a little bit (such as the ability to browse sets).

We are using the Flickr api and could happily extend it's functionality.  Infact, Tam is looking at packaging it up as a extension for SMF.  Once he's done that, we could release it and let you guys free on improving it!
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Dusty
Grafter

Why not do what we have done over at my forums and add a community picture gallery and add it to the main page of the community site. We just put the link to ours on our forum front page.
Big_Fred
Dabbler

Quote from: Clem
Whats a child board?

Ah I'm glad you asked that one, I didn't know either but I didn't want to be the first to ask LOL Wink
I thought Clem? was being sarky Grin
Big Fred