Did you mean: 

Password reset issues - fix rolled out

LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Password reset issues - fix rolled out

Guys

Lithium have advised the issue has been identified and a fix rolled out. I'd really appreciate if you would try this out for us, especially if you had issues before.

Cheers

Louisa
15 REPLIES 15
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Password reset issues - fix rolled out

@IanSn Would you mind changing your email to the one you were having problems with previously and see if the password reset works on that address now please.

EDIT: @w23 Might be worth trying the email address you were having problems with at the start also, if you don't mind Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
IanSn
Rising Star

To be clear, do you mean 'manually' alter the addy in the member centre and then try the reset page again?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

It shouldn't matter what's on the member centre.

But if you could manually update it on your forum profile here and then try going through a password reset to see if the reset email makes it through to your email address.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
IanSn
Rising Star

Gave it a while to come thru, but no, didn't seem to work. Had to revert to outlook address again to reply to this!
LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@IanSn Thanks for trying for us. I'll feed this back into Lithium

Louisa
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

@HarryB wrote:

EDIT: @w23 Might be worth trying the email address you were having problems with at the start also, if you don't mind Smiley

@HarryB, PM'd you.

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
IanSn
Rising Star

If there was a delay with that email (heard some folks waiting couple of hours), it'll presumably be in the works somewhere. I'll let you know if it does arrive later. Have a feeling probably not tho...
w23
Pro

Mine worked now on my original email address that didn't work before.

Took a few minutes for the email to come through.

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

@w23 The password email which didn't work - was this with TSOHost as they rolled out a fix

w23
Pro

No, mine's with UKCheapest.com (unless they're a reseller for someone else?).

Call me 'w23'
LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@IanSn Morning, I take it you didn't receive the email confirmation. Just going back to Lithium on this one. Ta

Louisa
IanSn
Rising Star

@LouisaMartin Hi, sorry, no, it didn't come thru. Perhaps I should now have word with host provider, maybe they will have some idea why?
LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

if you could please @IanSn that'd be great. I have sent your details to Lithium, along with the email address you're having issues with and I'll see what they come back with. Thanks

Louisa
LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @IanSn did you get anything back?

Lithium have checked and they cannot see anything in the logs for a password reset again you contact1 email address. Is this definitely the email address you used?

Thanks

Louisa