cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page not displaying correctly in FireFox

mentalist3d
Grafter

Page not displaying correctly in FireFox

Dunno if this qualifies as a bug, but it has only been happening the past couple of days. I use FireFox and usually open up many posts in new tabs, however, the past couple of days, the forum has been loading slowly then displays a page that looks like it is encoded, on a page refresh, the problem resolves itself and the pages display as normal. I've attached a screenshot which will probably make more sense Smiley
11 REPLIES 11
Santiago
Grafter

Re: Page not displaying correctly in FireFox

Funny, I was reading your post and looking at the screenshot which was a blank with a red dot in the corner and it disappeared! I guessed you would be editing.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

What version are you using mentalist3d.
I am on 3.5.3 now and had exactly the same problem until upgrading.
It happened intermittently for weeks and I switched to Opera but went back to FF when an update was released.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

I haven't had that issue at all, FF 3.5.3
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
mentalist3d
Grafter

I think I better upgrade, version 3.0.14, oops!  Grin
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

By gum you've got to look after these kids...... Roll_eyes ...........and Adie Wink
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and its free
mentalist3d
Grafter

Finally updated FireFox, always been a fan of FireFox, I just don't always update when they tell me (I know I should listen more lol).
After installing and restarting, FireFox advised me to get the upgrade to flash player, so I downloaded the update, only to notice that it also installed McAfee Security Scan. Looking back at the Adobe page, I now see a tick (selected as default) to install the scan. I really hate the fact that nowadays you have to deselect a load of software you weren't wanting just to get the software you do want.
Note to self: always read everything on a page before downloading even if you have used a site many times before. [expletive removed]
Santiago
Grafter

I usually wait a while before installing updates in Firefox to allow the add-ons time to catch up. Last week I updated to FF 3.5. This nice and simple on XP of course, download and install.
However my Ubuntu is still using the older version of FF and updating to 3.5 manually seems like too much effort.
mentalist3d
Grafter

I've heard a few people mention Ubuntu on this forum so just had a look at their site. Seems quite good on the surface, how is it to use, is there much bugs?
Santiago
Grafter

I am still only just getting used to Ubuntu. I have it dual booting with XP on a laptop.
Everything worked straight from install (once I figured out the dual boot install). I got a lot of help from the Linux people on here.
If you are interested have a browse through the community linux forum and give it a try.
mentalist3d
Grafter

I'll definitely have a look, anything that saves me money from M$ is a plus lol