cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Account and Password retrieval

ONeill1
Grafter

Old Account and Password retrieval

Just had to make a new account because I can't log in to my old account, password retrieval is not sending me a link to reset old PW, I would like to keep and use my old account if possible and have this one delete or merged, will pm details if needed.

Older account is ONEILL with email starting with K.

8 REPLIES 8
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Old Account and Password retrieval

You will need to phone plusnet and speak to someone about this as I had a similar problem when the boards changed and I could only get on by starting as a new member which is usless as you cannot access your old emails or post counts etc.

On supplying my old passwords and email address which was with tiscali years ago PN sorted it over the phone.

I cannot see what other option you have.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Is this not something the moderators should be able to do?

ONeill1
Grafter

Looks like I might just have to ring and see, just had an email only to find when I click the link and try to change password it says token expired and that took about all day just to get one Roll_eyes

This is some thing forum mods should be able to sort out, other mods on other forums can do this sort of thing Crazy2

Spruance
Grafter

I was just in the process of replying to this post in another browser window having felt compelled to create a second account myself when it suddenly dawned on me that because I joined the forum (on 3rd Feb 2008 ) a few days before I officially joined Plusnet that I had used my Gmail account rather than my now main Plusnet email account.

Fortunately I never delete my Gmail emails and having found the original switchover message have managed to get a password reset email and reacquaint myself with my old account. It is just a pity that Plusnet Support didn't pick up on this when I phoned them and raised a ticket. If they had just mentioned that the email linked to the forum wasn't my Plusnet one I think I could have put two and two together.

Just maybe this is what has happened to others with the same issue?

Still, it's nice to be back! Smiley

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I wouldn't advise calling to sort this out as the vast majority of staff won't necessarily have a forum account or the appropriate permissions in the forum to look in to this.

I'm looking in to this now for you.

EDIT: Do you still receive emails regarding your actual plusnet account (Billing notifications etc.)

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ONeill1
Grafter

Yes I do receive emails about billing, oddly enough just check my emails and had 5 password resets come through at once about 24 hours late but all tokens had expired, seems like the server/website is slow handling requests.

Mav
Fixes: 515

@ONeill1

I have sent you a PM.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

A bug had been identified and fixed with the migration of users from the old forum to this one. Unfortunately, a few new users had been created inbetween that time where the bug was identified and subsequently fixed by Lithium. This means that there are a few (not many) users who have got the same name twice. If anyone encounters login problems, please create yourself a temporary account on the forums and create a new thread about it. Tag me and I will talk to you over PM to sort it out for you.

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.