Did you mean: 

Notification failure theory test

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Notification failure theory test

@jab1 @JayG @MauriceC @ITWorks @jaread83 @Gandalf

Theory test - I only expect to see one notification in respect of this post. I will not look at my notifications again until after 6pm.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

15 REPLIES 15
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Notification failure theory test

Hi Kevin .

Very weird - I received Notice of your post, the tag AND this thread.

John
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

I am subscribed to this board so I received notification of a new topic and the @ mention.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Theory does not match emperical evidence. I have no notifications of replies to this test topic...

...but I have seen notifications for the substantive topic after starting this one!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

Same here, Kevin. Didn't see any notification for this, but have done for a couple of @MauriceC's on the other topic.Huh

John
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Is there something going on with the notifications? In the last few days new threads that I'm subscribed to are not showing in the notification side bar. Only in unread topics.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Yes there is!!

Your post here has added colour to the subject - you are a new party to this topic … which has given rise to a notification, whereas none of the above activity (post me starting the test topic) did.

@jaread83 - over to you and the boys n gals at Lithium … suggest that a roll back to pre-Wednesday is called for!

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I am waiting for a reply from Lithium support. I shall keep you all posted.

In the meantime, I am going to ask some of the other communities that run Lithium and see if they are having the same troubles.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jab1
Legend

@jaread83 FYI - I am now getting some notifications as you can see from the screenshot below, but still no pop-ups

John
billnotben
Community Veteran

Just had three notifications in the side bar. From one old and two new threads including this one.

But one thread was missed despite a couple of replies on that thread.

One other thread just got missed. It was odd that it was not in the notification side bar but looking in My Subscriptions that threads title was in bold.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Theory here looks like it is getting torn to shreds! Have seen notifications on this topic since BnB posted. However I am not receiving notifications elsewhere.

jab1
Legend

@Townman - I didn't see anything for your above post, but have had others - see my last post on my original thread.Undecided

John
billnotben
Community Veteran

Funny though I previously had a notification about this thread I didn't get notification of the latest posts here.

Though once again the thread title was in bold in the My Subscriptions.

Seems all very hit and miss and nothing you can really put your finger on.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

No longer getting notifications here - therefore possibly it’s not 2nd and subsequent but 3rd/4th subsequent!

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I just checked my emails and compared the emails to my notification feed. It looks like emails are working fine... just the notification feed isn't updating. Very frustrating.