Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting notifications

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Not getting notifications

I noticed today that @Gandalf mentioned me in a post, but this has not appeared in my notifications. Is this a bug or has a setting been changed inadvertently?

My other car isn't a Ferrari
7 REPLIES 7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Not getting notifications

It has been seen from time to time.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've given up with notifications, as it is not unusual for emails to arrive 20 to 22 HOURS after the forum reply got posted.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@maranello,

To be unambiguous, do you mean notification as something which (a) appears on the notifications page and (b) might pop-up a toaster message … or notification EMAILs as alluded to by @Anonymous (which is quite a different matter).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also to be unambiguous,  the on screen notifications (both the avatar indications and pop-up bubbles) do work for me as expected,  it is only the notification emails often arriving the following day that causes me a problem.

maranello
Pro

@Anonymous

To clarify, I am referring to the avatar notification (a number in a red circle in the top right of the avatar next to my forum name), but also the list of notifications that can be viewed by selecting 'Notifications'.

Incidentally, I've got one from @Townman for his earlier post.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@maranello Not that is of any help, but I experienced exactly the same issue mid-January. It lasted for about 48 hours, then miraculously fixed itself - think I posted about it somewhere at the time.

John
maranello
Pro

@jab1

Thanks John, your latest post also confirms it is working now.