Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New topic problem

petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

New topic problem

What is wrong with the New Topic typing window? I cannot use "return" to start a new paragraph, or, use the space bar, nor is there any formatting available (text colour, underline, italic etc.) So I can only type everything in one sentence. I am using the Rich Text option. Other typing this morning in email and Word is quite normal, so I expect the problem is PN end.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
6 REPLIES 6
petlew
Pro

Re: New topic proplem

Nor is there an edit option to correct the spelling error in the subject.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Seems OK here. Is the text entry box border grey or red?

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
petlew
Pro

Its red

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Sounds like the javascript required for the rich text editor didn't load for you. Did you try performing a hard refresh on the page to get all the page assets again?

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

petlew
Pro

As you can see from the edited Subject I seem to have corrected it with a complete computer shut down and start.

Curiously, this reply window still has the uncorrected Subject of "proplem" this in spite the topic is showing correctly.

But, ah well it seems to be Ok now. I'm no wiser why it happened. I'll assume that jaread83 has the answer.

Whilst all this was going on prior to the restart. Pressing the Refresh button resulted in a full screen of the top left Plusnet we'll do you proud logo corner of the window.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

The subject lines for each post are independant from the OP (I have added things into the system to stop the subject being editted on new replies except for admin and mods). So when the mods moved this post, they probably only editted the first post subject line and the rest would still have the same 'proplem' Wink

The issue you were seeing with the logo going massive is due to the CSS not being loaded. The logo is a SVG so it can scale to the largest/smallest sizes without losing any clarity. The CSS styling keeps the logo to a certain size and if it fails... then that is what you will see as the CSS didn't load in for you.

If you ever encounter a problem like the above again, hard refresh your browser (normally CTRL + F5) to force it to get the site assets again from scratch.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.