Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New section request - Cashback questions

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

New section request - Cashback questions

Cashback offers seem to be here to stay so please consider creating a new section for cashback questions, either in its own right or as a sub-forum of Accounts & Billing.
Cashback queries can only be answered by Plusnet staff, not by the rest of the community, so it would be beneficial to separate threads out from the other forum sections.
10 REPLIES 10
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: New section request - Cashback questions

We do not need a new section - just (as I suggested a couple of months back) a prominent (sticky) post in feedback / ADSL / fibre / phone / billing and accountancy pointing to a single thread for all such queries, as was do way back for the QuidCo issues.
Then any new thread could be nipped in the bud, thereby preventing some of the idiots who are posting the same gripe in multiple threads.
The principle of having (and enforcing) one thread (wherever) will prevent proliferation of the postings.  A separate forum for the subject will simply lead to multiple threads with the same cross posting issue in one place.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pwatson
Rising Star

There is a sticky - It doesn't work.  It isn't enforced and their is a proliferation of multiple threads cross posted in multiple sections.
A new section will allow threads to be moved out of the main sections and will actually reduce cross posting as it will be clear where to post.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

But there is entitlement and practicality. Posters have a right to their own thread and I would not welcome someone putting my post, possibly being swamped, into another thread which may not be fully to my point.
I agree with the need for a new section to keep them from proper queries and it seems a simpler job for the mods to just drop them there the moment they realise it's another winge about where's my 50 quid  Lips_are_sealed
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I have a much better solution
Plusnet should sort out their Marketing Department
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Just marketing?
I think fixing the senior executive bonus scheme would be more beneficial.
+£ for each new user
-££ for each failed order
-£££ for each BTOR no show
-££££ for each formal complaint

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pwatson
Rising Star

What's that got to do with the thread topic?  Oldjim's reply was actually serious as many of the cashback queries are down to the time taken for PN to send out validation emails etc.
Kicking the marketing department to either make sure the backend processes are in place, or better, getting rid of cashback offers completely would mean that a new section was not needed.  Unfortunately this isn't the case, hence the need for a new section...
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

There seems to be a malaise in PN with marketing, call centres and now CRT and Tickets. It all points to a management disconnect with customers akin to Morrison and Tesco. And look what is happening to them  Huh
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@pwatson,
I rather think you missed my point - OldJim's suggestion rather implied that this is just a marketing department issue.  Marketing's decisions will be driven by senior executive directives - more likely "Get us a bigger market share" and the senior execs will be bonused on achieving the targets.
However, those bonuses are unlikely to be "moderated" by the consequential issues, hence my suggestion that a bonus scheme which recognises consequential failure might help avoid the issues in the first place.

pwatson
Rising Star

I didn't miss your point at all, but discussion of the wider issues is off topic for this thread.  This thread is specifically to do with the request for a new forum section and Oldjim rightly pointed out that a new section wouldn't be needed if PN's marketing department got their act together and therefore was on topic.

pwatson
Rising Star

Any official forum response to this request, even if the answer is no?