Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New forum - "Unresponsive Script" WARNING when posting a reply

FIXED
Anonymous
Not applicable

New forum - "Unresponsive Script" WARNING when posting a reply

Why does the new forum lock-up so often ?

Just typing text in the "Rich Text" tab, then for no apparent reason the CPU usage hits 100% for something like a minute, then a warning -

Warning:Unresponsive script

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Allowing the script to continue just repeats the error and the CPU running at 100%.

Stopping the script leaves the page in a unusable condition which requires the browser to be closed.

I thought Lithium was chosen as the forum provider because they were supposed to know what they are doing, so why are there so many problems with such basic functionality ?

22 REPLIES 22
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: New forum - "Unresponsive Script" WARNING when posting a reply

Was this problem cured by the more general Javascript 'fix' a week or so back?

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

What browser and OS are you using? Did you try clearing your browser cache and trying again? You might have a cached version of the files required for the editor.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

could this be related - just got it when going to first unread post in a thread

2016-04-12_093629.jpg

MauriceC
Resting Legend

I don't have the problem.  My query was posted to help migrate the post from the 'Unanswered Topic' list into (hopefully?)  the 'Fixed' category for the information of new readers.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

@Oldjim  See that response quite often.  I've just got used to expecting it.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The authentication errors that have been cropping up for some users is a cause for concern for me so I need to raise a support ticket to get this investigated.

As for the unresponsive script warning, I am not entirely sure why this would happen. I can only suggest trying to clear your browser cache and seeing if that makes any difference.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Is there any possibility that this error and the authentification error are related to communication problems between client JS and the server?

This morning I have seen sluggish responses on pressing the post button and two or three communication with the server errors.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

I've noted the sluggish responses but not the server errors.  Also getting

Thanks error.JPG

When trying to click on 'Thanks'

NOTE:  Just updated to FF46.0

M

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I have linked to this post on my authentication error thread to collect data about this.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Site-Feedback/Authentication-error-on-community-are-you-affe...

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

for some reason lithium does not like FF46 Embarrassed

this is 3rd attempt at posting due to Embarrassed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@rongtw, can you grab me a screenshot of your entire browser (with the URL in the screenshot) as well as any info as to how you get the errors and post on my authentication error page so I can gather as many instances as possible about this?

We are in the process of raising a support ticket to look into whats going on in the system to cuase these errors and it will help to gather as much information as we can about it.

In the meantime I am looking out for any posts (after the fix we did to remedy the initial javascript error) to link to within that thread as well.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Jaread83 this is what i get

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@jaread83 beware any red herrings. This OP was when we had all the javascript issues due to the GA problem as @MauriceC suggested in message #2.

As @Anonymous has not been back since, maybe the thread should be marked as fixed. All the issues raised since message #4 are now covered by your other thread on Authentication errors etc. are they not?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm back !  Roll_eyes

I've just looked at a few threads and replied to three topics, and haven't seen any repeat of the "Unresponsive Script" WARNING, and not seen any 100% CPU issues.

I will keep a lookout for any occurrences of this, but it does appear much better then when I last visited three weeks ago !.