cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New forum for FTTC?

mapletree
Grafter

New forum for FTTC?

Is it worth creating a new forum specifically for FTTC issues?  At the moment the FTTC posts are going in the Broadband and Routers forum.
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New forum for FTTC?

It's been asked before, as fibre is broadband the BB&R forum is still relevant.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mapletree
Grafter

I agree it's relevant.  My idea was just to reduce the number of posts to the existing forum.  OTOH Fibre is a little different since it normally involves a BT supplied modem and a different type of router.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I hear what you're saying, from a staff point of view we can easily identify accounts and account types so it wouldn't make too much difference to us directly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mapletree
Grafter

It might be helpful for non PN staff since we don't have access to that kind of information.  There's quite a lot of helpful and knowledgeable people on these forums.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mapletree,
See what you're saying but we've tried hard to keep the number of forums to a minimum during the last reorganisation (and also attempted to remove subforums entirely) in the interest of keeping it easy to use and to fit as much as possible onto the main page when they open.
Also it's generally easy to tell if someone's on fibre even if they don't announce the fact in the thread title or in their first post (which they usually do), given the difference in speeds and to sync rates.