cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'New' Post count is same as Total post count?

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

'New' Post count is same as Total post count?

As the title says.  At Forum level, the 'new' post count for the Phone board is 22406?   It looks as if all posts in the Board have been marked as 'Unread'.   Not by me BTW Angel

Count error.JPG

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

13 REPLIES 13
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: 'New' Post count is same as Total post count?

That isn't right.. and you have marked all those posts as being read before right?

I will need to raise a support ticket about this. Thanks for notifying me of this, it had happened to me too on a couple of boards but I didn't think anything of it.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

I hadn't read ALL of the posts @jaread83, but I was only expecting to see those from the previous 2 days

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I imagine that you had used the 'mark all posts as read' for the entire community previous to this? I have sent an email to lithium support to investigate this further.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

@jaread83 wrote:

I imagine that you had used the 'mark all posts as read' for the entire community previous to this?

Not used that feature for some time - possibly 8 weeks or more?

Maurice

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

All you need to have done is use it once in the past to mark all those old posts as being read. I don't think 22,000 posts were made within 8 weeks Wink With there being the entire board being marked as 'new' that would indicate that something has happened so I am getting it looked into. The same happened to me a few weeks ago with the community feedback board. Didn't think much of it as I thought it was a one off thing for my users and just marked all the posts as being read anyway.

An email has been sent and I have received an email to let me know that is has been picked up and being looked into.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Thanks for picking it up Jack, but if it's in the queue of thing that Lithium are 'Looking into' I'll not hold my breath waiting for a response.  Angel

M

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Any progress response from Lithium?

M

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Hope you are not  still holding your breath MauriceC

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
MauriceC
Resting Legend

@MauriceC wrote:

Any progress response from Lithium?

M

Bump!  @jaread83

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No news yet @MauriceC. Will update once I get any information.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I have sent an email to chase this one up. Has this bug happened again for you?

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Not since I cleared it down by using "Mark all threads in community as read"  about two weeks after first reporting it.

M

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

If it happens again do please let me know as soon as you see it and I will take a look.