cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Forum Layout

Mand
Grafter

Re: New Forum Layout

We thought that there wasn't enough distinction between the categories and the boards, hence looking to make the banners brighter.
Andrew_B
Grafter

This and, it's much easier to scan the page when you can clearly see where the divisions are Smiley
dick:quote
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Why has the ability to collapse categories been removed from the proposed arrangement?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mand
Grafter

It hasn't, there would just be no point collapsing them all or you wouldn't see the new boards.  Crazy
Andrew_B
Grafter

I believe the collapse icon only appears when you're logged in.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Checked and you are correct  Grin
Simon_M
Grafter

I haven't voted.
It's not that I'm apethetic - personally I genuinely don't mind where GCC is. Convention suggests that the boards that are incidental to the purpose of the forum (however popular) are at the bottom - it's where I would always go looking for such a board.
The suggestion has been put forward that maybe GCC isn't incidental to the purpose of the Community. I didn't think many people came here principally for GCC, even if they do spend more time in there, but I could be wrong. I would have thought most people come principally to seek or give technical or Plusnet related information. That's not to decry GCC - a lot of us probably waste quite a bit of enjoyable time in there, but it's not really why we are forum members - or is it?
As for pink vs grey, although I have a mild preference for the grey, it's not strong enough for me to want to push the rest of the community one way or the other. We will all get used to it whichever colour it is - it's more important for the impression it creates on a new arrival & I'm the last person to be able to judge that.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Quote from: Andrew
This and, it's much easier to scan the page when you can clearly see where the divisions are Smiley
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rules ]
I can't say I've ever found this an issue, and prefer it to the pink and the grey.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Regardless of whatever change is deemed appropriate by Plusnet Towers, what is the due date for implementation?
It's all a bit daft arguing over this colour or that colour when PN will decide quite unilaterally.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Oldjim
I am awkward - I don't like either pink or nearly black
Why can't we have the present colour scheme

I'd go along with you there Jim as well.  Leave it as it is but dump the pink from the top.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: A
what is the due date for implementation?

It depends when the vote is finished really. There isn't a date set at the moment.
Quote from: A
It's all a bit daft arguing over this colour or that colour when PN will decide quite unilaterally.

What exactly would that gain us, following this vote etc?
The pink is the plusnet brand colour so we won't lose it completely (sorry Gary) and we think there's definitely a need to emphasise the different sections more than they are now, and if we don't do it during a redesign when should we?
Lurker
Grafter

I think colour is not really part of the question or the answer.
Layout is layout, regardless of what colour it is.
If there is a proposal to alter colours later on then fine, lets have that conversation then - lets not let it get in the way of sorting out what order things should be in - that is the important issue.
hulls
Grafter

A bit late joining in this one - I don't really mind, I generally click on unread posts, and then all topics anyway (but I notice there isn't a "don't mind" option.  ::))
John
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The current colour does tend to blend into the background making it more difficult to identify the different sections. Not a problem for seasoned users but could make it seem overly complex to newcomers.
Clearer sections could help those trying to post in the 'right forum' but unsure which to use. We don't want fear of offending to drive them away - and perhaps never return. A coloured divider also looks more friendly than grey.
I suggest we stick with the pink in the original proposal, and let's get the layout reorganisation done and dusted as soon as a reasonable consensus is apparent.
David
journeys
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

It's not broken so why does it need to be fixed.
Happy as it is, agree with OldJim and Midnight Caller on colours.