cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Forum Layout

Mand
Grafter

Re: New Forum Layout

For those of you with an aversion to pink, here's the layout with grey banners.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Actually, the Mac area seems to be a low interest area - judging by the the number of posts.
It will be even less so if the poor Mac user has to plough through 7 Linux posts for every Mac related post. Grin
By the Way, what's happened to the Complaints section [rather quaintly referred to by Plusnet as "Rants"]?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Maybe we should run it by Gok Wan......sorry I said I wouldn't do that Embarrassed
Having looked at it I prefer the pink as grey looks a bit black and whiteish.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Mand
Grafter

@A Fox, the complaints section is now Your Feedback (as opposed to being a sub-forum of Your Feedback).
@Strat, I prefer the pink too, the grey looks too dull IMO.
Strat
Community Veteran

I must say it would be really good to get lots more votes from the community though...
There has to be lots of people who have viewed the thread and not voted.
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Not applicable

I've changed my mind - ChitChat fits naturally into the top section and as it is the most popular forum it should be there. Can I unvote and revote please?
Also, pink is much better than grey/black. 
Strat
Community Veteran

Indeed you can Poppy. Simply click Remove Vote and vote again.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: Strat
I must say it would be really good to get lots more votes from the community though...

We had a similar issue with the PUGIT system that PUG operated. 
One of the reasons quoted by Plusnet for not taking the content of PUGIT very seriously was the low vote count.  A suggestion was made (but not taken up because of technical challenges) that moving it to Community would magically convert the vote count from 10's into 100's or higher.  From this POLL and others it seems that there is a very small percentage of Users who can bother to be counted.
I'm not saying that is a bad thing, but more that the Count is one thing - The Category of voter is also a vital component of the vote and there is no simple way to monitor or measure that. Embarrassed
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Strat
Community Veteran

Voter apathy is common in these situations.
I would guess most PN customers don't visit the forums and therefore have no interest in it's appearance.
A large percentage of forum visitors probably have a likewise opinion.
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

I've added my vote to put the GCC category at the top of the forum list - I don't believe this will detract from any other parts of the forum.
With regards to the colours, there are obviously for and against pink , and for and against grey - I think in this case, the pink works better as the grey is too dark.
I would emphatically ask that if the community want their voice heard that they do exercise their vote in this matter. There has been far too much apathy in these polls and as always, there are a minority that complain cause thet don't like things the way they are. This is now your chance to make a difference to the community.

pierre_pierre
Grafter

90% of the forum readers seem to be guests and not a large nuber of members
current 85 Guests, 19 Users (1 Hidden)
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Having suggested Grey as an option - I have to say that I prefer it to the pink  (Less "In your face") . Grin
Ideally though I would support the concept of user selectable CSS to support the visually challenged Users.
It makes good sense guys and it shouldn't be that hard to achieve.
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mand
Grafter

Our implementation of SMF is somewhat more complicated than most (as you might expect ;)), so it's not that easy to change.
For the purposes of this redesign, we're gonna need to pick one (we can always look at the user selectable CSS later but for now it's not an option).
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I am awkward - I don't like either pink or nearly black
Why can't we have the present colour scheme
artmo
Aspiring Champion

I'd go along with you there Jim.  Leave it as it is.