Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving of threads by Moderators

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Moving of threads by Moderators

Is the addition of a "Moved Post" now not automatic

I ask because a thread I previously read appeared in the Unread Topics List without any obvious reason for it

EDIT

That isn't the problem as I found the original board and the moved Post is there but shown as read

Does this mean that the "moved post" inherits the read status of the original thread even though the actual post hasn't been read

1 REPLY 1
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Moving of threads by Moderators

I believe there are a number of 'odd' things with 'moved' posts.  The one I find really frustrating is when an 'unread' post is moved to a new board, but maintains its 'unread' status in both. 

There is a similar issue at Forum level where both the 'Last Topic' and 'Last post' per board seem to remain 'highlit' as 'unread' despite having recently visited the board and read all of the outstanding posts.  Compand this with the unreliable post count and it makes keeping up with new entries take more effort than it needs.

Unlikely to be fixed though given the current level of support activity. Lips_are_sealed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.