Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderators removing and locking posts

hitchhiker43
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Moderators removing and locking posts

Dear Plusnet,

A fat lot of good this forum is when you are trying to resolve an issue or more particularly multiple issues because so called moderators go around moving posts without telling anybody, how is it possible to draw attention to an issue if someone moves it into a thread about something completely different!!

Seems this forum is useless, back to fault reports then..................

And if that doesn't work it will be an ISP change

Where will you move this to then Mr moderator to obscure it ?Huh

Tp-link W8960n on longgggggggg line!
7 REPLIES 7
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Moderators removing and locking posts

Looks fine where it is.

Topics are generally moved when they are on the wrong board.

Topics are locked, for example when they are a duplicate of a topic on another board by the same OP.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
hitchhiker43
Aspiring Pro

Good, so perhaps you would be kind enough to restore it as it is NOT the same topic!

I happen to be on a long ADSL2+ line ~4kms and I want some resolution to my problems from plusnet, it is not within the remit of an obviously non-technical moderator who benefits from a superfast connection to determine what is and is not the same subject in a technical question that is beyond there understanding so please leave technical subjects for discussion by those that know what they are talking about, in other words, moderate off!!

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@hitchhiker43

Having an attitude like that, will not "endear" you to other members, and therefore, despite what your "fault" on your line may be, they will not be inclined to help or assist you.

The moderators on this forum are customers, who, have been "approved" by PlusNet, for their experience and wisdom, which does include technical abillity, and knowledge.  They are "volunteers" and give their time and service to help others. 

If you have a problem with any mod, you can always send them a Personal Message ( click on their avatar, and on the profile you get the options).. to ask why, or what has happened to your post. If your problem with a particular moderator then you can always get Plusnet staff involved,... just start a PM to one of them, and I am sure it will find its way to the correct personnel, who deal with, and appoint the mods.

hitchhiker43
Aspiring Pro

go back to sleep, were done with this subject!

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I was contemplating whether to respond to this thread or not and when, yesterday. Actually, shutter is quite right, and you are being somewhat unfair on the mods in this case. But here is not the best place to comment further (the other thread perhaps), I think it best if this thread is just left to disappear into the wilderness.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I can sort of see the OP's point of view.

I would guess that a more than usual number of posts were locked/moved lately. But that's down to the plusnet mishandling of the 55/10 "problem" and price rise. Most moved to one or two all encompassing threads where some distinct questions did sometimes seem to disappear / get hard to find.

But as said here already the way to redress this is simply ask a mod if you think your question / thread has been moved inappropriately. They're all reasonable people or so the rumour goes.Smiley

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

To be clear, before anyone else chips in on this, a post was moved at Staff request. End of.

I'm going to request that this thread be locked.