cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Forum!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Missing Forum!

I saw a post from what appears to be the Plusnet Blogs forum, I’ve searched for said forum but can’t find it. Yes I know what you’re going to say and that’s my point, I don’t want to see this junk in my feed. If I want to read the blogs I’ll click the appropriate link.

11 REPLIES 11
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Missing Forum!

blog posts will appear in the unread feed on the homepage. The homepage unread feed is for the entire community and the blog falls under that.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's all well and good @jaread83, but I am seeing these using this link, and as you can see makes a distinct reference to the forums unread posts so being [-Censored-] I should not see these Blog post entries.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Following the link refer to unread posts in the Community

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry @Oldjim, I don't understand what you mean.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

He means that the link you sent is the unread page for the entire community. Blog posts count as being part of the community and they are not a seperate system. Blog posts will show up in the unread feed if you have chosen to view the unread feed for the entire community.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK I see what you’re saying @jaread83, but I was working on the assumption that as the Blog Posts are in a distinct area and there is no forum with that title that they would not be included using a URL that only references forums.

So with that said is there anyway that I can exclude these from my feed, as my original point still stands.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

You can't hide the blog posts on a per user basis. I might be able to hide all of the blog posts from other feeds at a global level but I don't know how this would affect the blog itself or if the community team would want this to happen. I will do a bit of experimentation and see what happens - if it doesn't impact too much i will ask if i can implement it.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Anonymous, I can only hide blog posts from the 'recent' feeds but they will always show up in the unread feed (at the top community level).

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK @jaread83 thanks for looking, I'll just have to live with it, I do appreciate the effort, so thanks again.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries, I gave it a shot. The 'unread' feeds are technically supposed to be a level deeper than they are but when I created the front page I want it to be more like a dashboard for everything on one page. I don't like the idea of having to click through to multiple pages before getting to something that could easily have been shown on the homepage.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Hmmm!  A bit of a conundrum here?  I share @Anonymous dislike of the Community Blog posts appearing at Forum 'unread posts' link level, equally I can see why 'The mysterious powers that be'  would want to have it included.

Life's a bitch sometimes Undecided

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.