cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of split topic notifications ..... (test)

picbits
Rising Star

Lots of split topic notifications ..... (test)

Can I assume this is down to a certain young lady throwing her toys out of the pram and spamming the forum with her opinions ?
If so, can you move her onto a Static IP and ban that IP from the forums ? Wink
Ta
6 REPLIES 6
Razer
Grafter

Re: Lots of split topic notifications .....

What's a split topic notification? I haven't seen one.
picbits
Rising Star

It's when a moderator takes out posts from a topic and moves them elsewhere.
If it's like any of the forums I moderate, they will go into a recycle bin or "naughty user post area" where they can be referred back to for either legal reasons or to keep a history of abusive posts etc.
Other times it will happen is if a topic goes wildly "off topic" and the thread can be split in to two seperate discussions on the forum.
Just an educated guess though ........
picbits
Rising Star

Here is how the notification email read :
Topic split: Wrong certificate warning‏
A topic you are watching has been split into two or more topics by dvorak.
View what remains of this topic at: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?topic=111569.new;topicseen#new
Unsubscribe to this topic by clicking here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?action=notify;topic=111569.0
Regards,
The Forum Team.
--
Plusnet plc
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

In this case it was that posts were moved into the naughty corner - the only way to do it is to split the post out then move it.
There used to be a delete post option but I removed that following an unfortunate accident where a whole thread got deleted by mistake
picbits
Rising Star

I was about to quote you oldjim but remembered the rules ........
So many forums, such a bad memory !
On the biggest forum I moderate on, moderators are still allowed to make posts "vanish" which can cause huge amounts of confusion between both members and moderators. They *should* always move the posts or soft delete them but occasionally they hit the wrong button.
Just watching the latest round of "willy waving" on the testosterone filled forum as we speak - letting them beat it out between each other before retiring the current bickering thread.
Razer
Grafter

Oh, I see. Thanks for that, picbits. I never did any form of splitting, only deletion, so the concept was completely out of my head to the degree that I had forgotten it was possible with posts/threads. And not getting any topic notification emails would explain why I've not seen any!