cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long user names causing formatting issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Long user names causing formatting issues.

When I viewed the site earlier using this URL: https://community.plus.net/t5/forums/unreadpostspage/tab/message:full

I saw this:

Bleeding Edge!

There were other post in the list all with the same user name, and all with the same effect. Just thought I'd mention it.

8 REPLIES 8
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Long user names causing formatting issues.

@Anonymous

What device/browser are you using?

I just tried your link and I am not seeing this problem. I'm on my Mac using Sarafi, and there it seems fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alex, I'm using OSX High Sierra v10.13.2 with FireFox v57.0.1 when you viewed it was the same user name there?

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

This is what I am seeing (OSX Firefox 58 Developer edition). Doesn't seem to be an issue here. Tried resizing the window but its working just fine so not sure why this would happen to you.

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 10.48.53.png

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It might be a post above or below that which is causing the issue and isn't really related to long usernames.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Alex
Community Veteran

Yes, this is what I get using Sarafi when I visit unread posts from Michael Williams. Welcome to the forums Michael we're not picking on you, by the way Smiley

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 10.50.29 am.png

@Anonymous I assume you'd have Sarafi on your system, do you still get the same problem there?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have Safari @Alex but I've marked all posts as read so I'll need to wait till later to test this. I understand what you're saying @jaread83 so if, or when, it happens again I'll check with Safari and see what other posts are there as well.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Alex, @Anonymous, the issue isn't with those posts or long usernames. It would be a post above or below it on the same page, possibly containing a fixed width table, image or some funky HTML with style attached that is breaking the layout.

Alex
Community Veteran

Fair enough @jaread83

The problem with unread posts of course (as I'm sure you know) as it changes so frequently, so trying to reproduce a defect once it is different is a nightmare.

Just see if it happens again I guess. Maybe someone can see if they can break it on the test platform. Smiley