Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Problems

FIXED
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Login Problems

For months I have been having trouble logging into the forum on this account I am posting with. I have been trying to log in for 3 days to no avail. The error message is attached, can someone look into it for me please? never had this trouble on the old forum. If password and username do not match then I should not be posting this thread because it has the same password I have used for a few months it has no changed but sometimes I get in sometimes I do not and I have tried changing password before and  still get this error.

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
20 REPLIES 20
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Login Problems

Hi Steve,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having logging into the forum.

I think I know exactly what the issue is here. The old forums allowed the same login name (but used the email address to login) and I can see that there is another 'Steve' in the user list.

Leave this with me, I will rename this other Steve as they registered in 2007 and haven't posted since.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Hi @Steve, this has been fixed now. You will no longer have any issues logging in with your account as I have renamed the other account to Steve3.

Let me know if this works for you now.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Hi @jaread83 Thank you for the help I have been tearing my hair out,  at first I thought it was just gremlins then I played around with 2 browsers, even a different device but with the same result. I got lucky being able to post this I will let you know how I get on over, logging out.....now.....lol

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Managed to log back in first time. Thanks for the help much appreciated

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

You're most welcome. Give me a shout if you need anything else at all Smiley

colintivy
Rising Star

@Steve

@jaread83

Strangely, having logged in as usual, I now find that clicking on my usual place does not bring down the menu which has the sign out among all the other options!   Any ideas?Huh

Colin.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Have you tried a different browser just to test? What browser are you using? Do you have any browser extensions that is blocking javascript at all?

colintivy
Rising Star

@jaread83

Thanks for your remarks. I am using only Firefox as a browser. Anyway it all works again tonight. Most peculiar?

Colin.

colintivy
Rising Star

@jaread83

Would you believe it!! It has stopped again!!

I will try again tomorrow.

Colin

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Have you had much luck with it today @colintivy?

colintivy
Rising Star

@jaread83

Thanks for that.

There is something going on. More often it seems to light up a green "halo" round the "Head" and twitches the image when clicked and no text. Other times it brings on the desired text as wished. This would look like a fault at this end. Any ideas from your end?

Crazy3 Embarrassed

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I would suggest putting your browser into 'safe mode' and try it again. Safe mode will disable all browser extensions and will act like a fresh install.

I would also check the version of your browser and make sure it was up to date.

You could also try a 'private session' which would give you a browsing session that has no cache or browser history.

It sounds to me like an extension is interfering with your browser in some way. As a last resort, I would reinstall the browser as it could have a corrupted file in its core... but as I said - definately a last resort. There are ways to backup your extensions and bookmarks before you do that which I would recomend you do before taking any drastic action.

You could do a test of your browser here: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

That site will detect whether or not your javascript is running, flash installed and a bunch of other things.

Hope this helps!

colintivy
Rising Star

@jaread83

Thanks for the comprehensive to do's! I tried the browser checkout. The only thing it noted was Java not installed. The rest were up to date! Just now, the clicking of my "face" is working OK.

I do not have any significant browser extensions in play.

I might try putting Firefox 53 into safe mode and see what that does.

colintivy
Rising Star

@jaread83

Here we go?? Safe Mode made no difference! Success about 1 in 6. Should I enable Java?

Embarrassed