Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lithium error

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Lithium error

I just thought I would report this, in case it helps anyone. I'll have a bit of a moan, as I am good at doing that if nothing else. I was typing out my last post for a few mins, then I got this as attached.

Unfortunatey I don't have clairvoyance as a skill, so I get good old classic errors messages which tell you the square root of nothing.

May just be a one-off to me, or could be affecting other users.

Good error messageGood error message

Hadn't posted anything when this popped up, just appeared in the editor whilst in the editor.

So I copied and pasted my post, into Notes (the Mac equivalent of Notepad). It happened when I posted this. 

Just letting you know, I will help test and see if I can get the error again if I can. Am happy to perform any other tests if it'll help.

6 REPLIES 6
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: Lithium error

Same error for me when trying to post.

In addition, the forum is very very slow to load tonight.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

And here. Been unable to post most of the evening.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Alex
Community Veteran

Thanks all, well there just seems to be a problem server side. I just kept a copy of my post before I reposted it which worked fine.

Just letting staff know, and I am happy to help out if I can.

EDIT: Yeah @RichardB I noticed that too, seems to be fine at the moment but it wasn't around 45 minutes ago.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@Alex 

If you are seeing this whilst typing a post (particularly when taking your time about it) then I suspect that this error is related to the automatic saving a draft of the post to the server. I think this happens every 4 minutes.

It is expected that it will just happen, without issue.  Again I suspect that when the back end is running slow, the save times out ... which is totally unexpected!

Ticked_off

Unless there is some other serious issue, the post generally send OK ... it is the similar messages AFTER pressing submit which are the real PITA!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Alex
Community Veteran

Thanks @Townman 

I've noticed it has been slow the last couple of days, but today it seems a lot better than it was.

Oh well, we'll wait and see I suppose.