Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link to these forums

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Link to these forums

Looking at the current poll on the front of the portal ("If you have a question to ask, what would you do first?") only 4% of people have said "B - Ask for help in the forums".
In the member centre, the link to these forums on the left hand side is called "Discussion forums". I wonder if it might encourage more people to take a look if it were renamed to "Support forums"?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
2 REPLIES 2
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Link to these forums

For years I never went near forums, regarding them as the domain of the high tech and 'geeky'.
I have noticed quite a number of first time posts from long term customers and wondered why they hadn't been in the forums before. Maybe they viewed them in the same way as I did.
I'm all in favour of raising the profile of the forums as there is a wealth of knowledge and experience in a wide range of disciplines in there. Therefore I think jelv's suggestion is well worth consideration.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Link to these forums

Good call JELV - I'd support the rename.  It could make a difference.
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.