cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link community account to Plusnet account

spacepods
Dabbler

Link community account to Plusnet account

Is there a way to link my community account with my Plusnet account?

I have had a community account for a number of years, probably from when I was a customer first time. I have recently returned to Plusnet as a customer and I cannot register for the community with my new Plusnet username because the email address is already in use by me as this community user.

I can't see a way of deleting this account so I can create a new community account with the same email address and linked to my new username.

Is the only way to solve this issue to change the email address for this community account?
3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Link community account to Plusnet account

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Chat to Community

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

You should be able to recover your old account, if you still have access to the email address.
There isn't really any need to link the two as there used to be - staff can usually find your account from ip / email should the need arise.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
spacepods
Dabbler

The reason I have asked this is because I have requested beta firmware be pushed to my router (to resolve the 5 GHz WiFi issue) but have not yet received the firmware.

Also, when registering for this community you have to not only giver yourself a community username but also enter your Plusnet username.

I'll request the firmware again.