'Like' Button not working today

FIXED
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: 'Like' Button not working today

@DS wrote:
I have, more than once :(. Edge, Firefox and Brave all don't work here. As some users have it working using the same browsers, is this some sort of IP address issue (or device specific issue?)

@JonoH 

I suggest that this is something to do with session state, not browsers, IP address or user accounts.

I have my main machine always on, always with a tab into the community "up" and I have keep me signed in set on my account.

I have just launched a new Edge session on my other machine and went to the community page - it logged me straight in ... that machine / session...

• The options dropdown is not shown (I just see the SU option place holder)
  • Like does not work
  • In reply QUOTE does nto work and the rich text formating options are not shown

This very much looks similar to the recent incident some two or so weeks back.  If I had to guess, I suggest that clearing cookies probably brings about the issue as the new (session?) cookie is borked.

The point is somewhat re-enforced by logging on with Chrome on this machine and finding the same defects.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

PS:

A new private window in Edge has the same experience.

Opening a new ordinary Edge session auto-logs-in and works fine.**

For those suffering the issue are any using "remember me"?

For those not suffering the issue are any not using "remember me"?

No "Yes" answers might point to the difference between "remember me" and "Who the heck are you?" connectivity.

** Edit: After posting this, I explictly logged out the additional session and returned to "this one" only to see that all topics were indicating they were unread.  After drawing breath I realised that logging out the other session (window) also logged out this one.  Needed to do a full login (clicking remember me) and all is still fine.  Its a mystery! 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

I've heard from our suppliers.

We have identified this as a bug in our core product and filed a detailed internal ticket for our product development team to investigate.

I still don't have a timescale for resolution.

I'll provide more info when I have it

Moderators Note Added some formatting to try and bring clarity.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
JonoH
Hero

Meanwhile, I can't edit, and formatting like spacing has been lost :S
 Jono H
JonoH
Hero

Meanwhile, I can't edit, and formatting like spacing has been lost :S
 Jono H
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@JonoH 

bug in our core product and filed a detailed internal ticket for our product development team

What is meant in this context by "core product"?  The Lithium core product or PlusNet's customisation of that tool kit or something else?

What has been changed to bring this about … has Plusnet changed their code, or has Lithium changed their code creating (or exposing) a hole for PlusNet's code to fall into?

Is the cascade posting associated with the same issue?

If the defect has been profiled, is it possible to explain why some users (for example @Gandalf and myself) do not see the issue when working with established sessions?

JonoH
Hero

The bug is in Khoros' core product, it's nothing to do with any changes Plusnet has made. I've copied and pasted you all their response, that's all the information I have for now.
 Jono H
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

It doesn’t look like it’s affecting Safari in general. At least Safari on iOS. And I’m rarely set to always logged in (even though I try to, my phone doesn’t want to!)
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@JonoH 

Thank you for the clarification … having done a cut and paste (without the benefit of the quote feature), as I read it, the context of "We" somewhat became ambiguous!  In context "We" means "They"! Embarrassed

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

It's ok for me now.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

(only quoting to test;))

I've not been on here since this am and the browser has been open and untouched ever since. I left it logged in and did get a browser time out (forum session) when I went to check around 18:30. I'd had a PM and I was able to read it fine and was able to reply (afaik) fine too. I have also posted in public and it now all works Smiley

In answer to a Q above, nope, I'm not set to always stay logged in (remember me?) and mostly post and sign out as soon as I've posted (personal preference). I've made no changes to anything at this end (apart from leaving the laptop for several hours logged in, but it would have gone to sleep at some point anyway) and seem to have all the functions back - including the jumping pageKnuppel

So if Khoros have not fixed this, plus nothing was changed here, then something is fixed (but last nights forum browsing was still open this am when it went wrong, so this evenings forum usage would have been the same - bar the fact I was logged out last night.... hmm?)

edit. Typo

(so edit works too)

Moderators Note: Full quote of preceding post removed. (Only moderating to test Tongue )

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Had a day away from the forum on personal business so unaware of the scale of disruption until late yesterday.

it seems fine this morning, but are we yet any closer to a full understanding of what went wrong and why these sorts of unannounced incidents keep happening?  The Community has become quite fragile and unreliable over recent months but little of substance appears to happen beyond "kick the tyres"; clear the cache; reboot a server or two.

Do khouros have an explanation?

JonoH
Hero

@MauriceC wrote:

Are we yet any closer to a full understanding of what went wrong and why these sorts of unannounced incidents keep happening? 

No, Khoros have confirmed a bug but they're yet to give us a timescale for resolution or explanation of what causes it yet.

*edit learn to spell Khoros.

Jono H
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Hope you don't mind me asking @JonoH 

So what is the 'bug'?

They've found 'it', but they can't tell us (yet) why 'it' happens

(obviously if it's a security issue, or a means for unwanted attention from outside sources, then I get why you're not saying what 'it' is)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DS, @JonoH isn’t saying what it is because he doesn’t know either, as Khorus haven’t told them (yet).