rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Launch of Community Feedback Survey

Nowt has popped up for me ?

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Wouldn't it be a lot more fun if we could make up our own questions.

A pop up questionnaire for plusnet board members.

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

@billnotben

I like the sound of that but first the survey needs to be working properly. I see I'm not the only one who was rudely cut off after making the effort.

Now if we had the ability to email Plusnet we could send in our responses. I know I amaze myself sometimes it's a brilliant idea..,  now where's that button to email them? Of I forgot there isn't one!

Maybe PN would like this one?

EMAIL_button-sm.png

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

@billnotben wrote:

Wouldn't it be a lot more fun if we could make up our own questions.

Excellent idea, I am sure forum members could submit a list of questions to PN which could be amended for a feedback survey....questions like, waiting times for support, speed problems are dealt with and one top question,' Are you likely to leave PN in the next 12 months ? if yes, why? ' That question alone might be worth more than all the questions in the current survey.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@gleneagles

You missed a couple..

1. Do you feel that you get value for money?

2. Do you use webmail and does it currently work for you?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@MKSlinky

For me:-

(1) Yes - on the broadband, but NO on the phone, that element is extortion, but unless I split the two and take my phone to (say) Pulse8, there's not much I can do.

(2)  I never use Webmail - never have trusted it with any of my ISPs - and I prefer to keep my mail local, so I can organise it the way I want.

John
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

@jab1

Don't use PN webmail either, tried several times but there are much better free ones out there imo.

Sure you get pestered with ads but they are easy and quick to use unlike PN webmail, I wonder how many PN customers actually use it ? What does it cost PN to run/ host it ?

@MKSlinky

I've missed more than just a few questions.

Let's hope that any surveys are not just about giving the impression PN really care what we think and more like the surveys have been requested by someone higher up the chain of command who can actually action some of the suggestions made.

To be honest anyone who reads the comments in the forums would not need to conduct a feedback survey as it's quite clear what most users want. ie: Good honest broadband which works, is provided at a fair price and for new customers up and running within the time frame agreed.

That might not cover everything but it would be a good start.

Having said that I would add I am fully satisfied with the past and current service I get from PN.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@gleneagles

I don't use any webmail (although I have GMail & Yahoo accounts to use in emergencies) - all my mail is through Thunderbird.

John
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

I haven't seen the actual survey, but I got the impression it was for feedback about the community site, rather than about Plusnet in general.

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@ejs

Yes it was community related, makes me think that maybe PN are afraid to ask about service in general. That said I'm with some of the others here, generally speaking I've been quite happy with the service I've received to date. Yes some things do need work, Webmail, additional communication options but hopefully PN will get that right eventually.

A couple of you mentioned using alternatives to webmail.., like you I also have a couple of other email addresses, GMX & GMail. The trouble I find with both of those is that although rarely used they seem to generate the most SPAM, Scam or Phising Emails. Whether PN has better detection features than the other two I couldn't say but I found this was true with o2 as well who also seemed to weed out those kind of messages.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Looks like the POPUP survey has been discontinued Huh

they dint need it they get enough feedback on here already

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

I don't know if the survey has been disabled temporarily or not (I don't have control of this) but I noticed a few visual errors with the survey itself and asked for it to be looked into and fixed (with my own recomendations of what it should look like).

Just to make this clear, the survey that appears on the forums is geared towards this Community and how our members are using it, what they came here for etc etc. It isn't a survey about Plusnet as a whole... its about getting feedback about the forums (which I am very interested in seeing the feedback for). I think that maybe the survey needs to be a bit more clear about that fact.

For surveys relating to Plusnet as a whole, these will sometimes appear on the main website but this isn't something that I implement or have any control over either.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@jaread83

A slightly unrelated question but is there any chance the message editor can be fixed please? It's been broken for around 3 weeks now. 

Screenshot (117).png

In addition to the above I notice the scroll functionality doesn't work properly when composing a message meaning that if you want to scroll back to the top of your message to edit something it often jumps back to the bottom again.

Thanks Thumbs_Up

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@MKSlinky there is a fix on the way as part of an update.

Hopefully currently going through Change Control.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

@MKSlinky - As mentioned by Strat, a fix is already on its way.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Site-Feedback/Text-editor-issue-I-am-aware-of-it-and-have-go...

I am currently testing the latest changes that I posted about in the Community Announcements page and so far so good. Will probably go live tomorrow now as I need further sign off on some things.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.