cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep Me Signed In.... What is the point ? ?

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Keep Me Signed In.... What is the point ? ?

Just been logged out again on PC - no reboot of either PC or router, haven't even closed the browser (and yes, it was asked to 'keep me signed in' when logging in.) Not been using the Android tablet.

(No PPP drops, no update to PN current line speed yet either...) 

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

You did tick the box when you signed in?

JayG
Pro

Yup.

JayG
Pro

Slight variation on the theme - having visited the Forum a few times earlier this morning with no signing in issues I have just got the attached screen, which differs from previous instances where the community home page just loaded with the 'sign in' icon (i.e. no 'session has expired' message.)

JayG
Pro

This particular issue doesn't seem to be a major concern now for others as far as the Lithium software is concerned, so only posting this for the record - having successfully visited the community site several times today, I found myself logged out yet again this time (not 'timed out', just the 'sign in' icon on the home page, having done nothing else today other than put my Android tablet on charge. Roll_eyes)

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

To be clear, you need to sign in on each device (and with each different browser) that you use - are you doing that?

JayG
Pro

I'm being as clear as I can - my only other device (the Android tablet) hasn't even been booted up for a few days (just charged up as I mentioned.)

After a few days logging in to the forum with no problem using only my PC/Win7/IE11 the Community Site logged me out yet again for no apparent reason (exactly as described in my previous post.)

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

It's all part of the challenge of interworking with this new World Class software? Funny

Not aware in this public forum of any real interest or response from Lithium about fixing any of the problems raised so far.  Looking very much like this is all that is to be delivered.  Ah well!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JayG
Pro

Another 'random' log out this morning shortly after a successful 'stay logged in' visit to the forum.

(First since previous post here, so OK for 2 weeks but clearly still happening - absolutely nothing changed by me between the two visits - not even closing and reopening browser.) 

Second attempt to post this - first attempt resulted in 'Sorry, unable to complete the action you requested' after autosave message appeared (luckily I'm getting used to this so copy my message to clipboard before previewing/posting. Roll_eyes)

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

My login never stays logged in even having ticked the box, it could be a real PITA except I let Google remember my log in details so it's just an extra click. 

The software is [-Censored-] though Crazy3

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
JayG
Pro

Just revisited forum and found myself logged out again - this time it was the 'MkII' version 'Your session has expired'.

PC has been running all day (no 'sleep' session), browser not shut down, I've not been rude to anyone AFAIK, and I've not cancelled my DD authorisation to PN (yet! Sad).

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Your session will expire after 2 hours so if you leave the browser open with the community on it will automatically log you out after that time if you haven't done any interactions. On the other hand, if you were to close the community in your browser, a cookie is set to expire after 30 days time.

The 2 hour time limit is for security and it is supposed to be set to 30 mins of inactivity so we upped that limit as some users felt that 30 or 60 minutes was too short.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

JayG
Pro

Thanks for that explanation re timeout - will note for future reference. Wink

Is the countdown cookie reset back to 30 days only when you actually log in, or every time you rejoin the community having selected 'keep me signed in'?

Either way, I'm fairly certain my unrequested logouts have happened well within 30 days of each other.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

The cookie on my browser is currently showing to expire on the 10th of July so I assume it refreshes, I will check back on that in the next couple of days on the same browser without logging back in and see if it changes simply by interacting if it is unchanged I will sign out and then back in to see if it is just that type of interaction that affects the cookie.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.