cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it me or anyone else finding the forum slowish to load today ;)

TORPC
Grafter

Is it me or anyone else finding the forum slowish to load today ;)

As per the title, all other websites load at normal speeds
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Is it me or anyone else finding the forum slowish to load today ;)

seems to be you
AndyH
Grafter

When posting, it is hanging for me after pressing the Post button.
But the actual posts are happening quickly if I open the forum in a new window.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Sometimes I click 'Unread Posts' and go make a cup of tea....like just now.
Edit: A reboot message due to 'Patch Tuesday' updates from MS popped up shortly after my post so that could explain some slowing of forum responses for me.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I was unable to load any community.plus.net pages a short time ago between about 14:35 and 14:40, was OK on ping and all other sites seemed OK.
Oddly I tried http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ typed in community.plus.net and was informed it was just me so I clicked the 'http://community.plus.net' link on that page and got straight in then it refused to load another page so I repeated the exercise via 'downforeveryone' and got back in again.
Maybe coincidence.
Connected via BT Business from work in case that's relevant.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Mav
Fixes: 514

Quote from: Oldjim
seems to be you
Possibly not Wink
I'm finding that the main page and the individual thread pages load reasonably well but each forum page loads a little slower although the Tab indicates it never seems to complete (the circle never stops turning) until I click on 'Stop loading this page'.
Strangely this only happens in FF 26 and not IE11 but doesn't happen for any other sites.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

pleasenlighten
Grafter

Hmm 
A little out of date with this thread, but I had problems last evening with loading any site I went to. In general the home page of a site would load but the `progress` signal  would continue. and the progress bar wouldn`t completely fill. From then ,problems in continuing through the site links etc would not load.
In the past  I`ve realised that my laptop was overheating (continuous fan activation) and cured the problem by cleaning the heat sink.
Oddly, however a friend some 20miles away using BT/Orange was having similar problems.