Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image urls no longer valid?

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Image urls no longer valid?

@7up, if you visit the URL of that image, does the URL change to something else? I think that because the URL changes once you visit it, the host is forwarding you to a slightly different URL to display the image. The system cannot rewrite or detect any forwarding to the URL to get the image, it is simply saying 'I can't see an image here so therefore I cannot upload it to the community'. There isn't anything wrong with the media uploader in that respect as it is doing what it can with the input you provided. In this case, that exact URL just returns nothing. When the host changes the URL to https and changes the domain of the image by forwarding, the system cannot do that for you as it needs to see the image before allowing you to upload it.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Re: Image urls no longer valid?

Yes it does change (never used to) and if this forum is not going to follow redirects when it is sideloading images (which is explained absolutely nowhere) then the url feature is pretty pointless.

Please bring back the [img] tags.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!