cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignore User - What does and doesn't it do?

FIXED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ignore User - What does and doesn't it do?

I just had what I thought was a bright idea of putting JoeBloggs in to my list of ignored users and I see that he appears in the list. However, when I refreshed the unread posts view I saw that there was still a post from him appearing in the list. Is my assumption correct that the ignore only applies to messages?

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ignore User - What does and doesn't it do?

Is this Plusnet showing its sense of humour by ignoring a user. OK, I get the joke, but a reply would be appreciated.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Fix
It doesn't filter out their forum posts, just PM's.

This is something that has been asked for over on the PS forums too and apparently it's not core lithium and would need 3rd Party coding and if Sony can't get Lithium to do it I doubt PN could
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well this is what I’d initially thought, shame it won’t be implemented though. Oh well, can’t have everything I guess.

Mav
Fixes: 515

But couldn't use of the Ignore button to hide forum posts end up with a very disjointed thread for the person doing the ignoringUndecided

Obviously not in the OP's caseWink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mav, I suppose it could, but if you've actually got to the stage of ignoring someone I assume you wouldn't want to read anything they had to say, and if post numbers were out of sequence as a consequence you'd at least know it was from someone in your ignore list. Or even when the page is rendered replace it with "Post excluded due to Ignore List".

To be honest I can't see why it's not being implemented a solution is hardly rocket science. I don't know how popular a feature it is but a pop-up that appears when you want to ignore a user telling you that it only applied to Messages would be useful if nothing else, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered myself.

Mav

@Anonymous

I remember this is something that was raised on the old forum as well.

But what if the replies you read make reference to posts that you can't see? And would quotes for ignored members be hidden as well?

Personally I don't see the need for an ignore button for posts but if it is there I will simply, err, ignore itCheesy

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that would be one of the consequences of ignoring someone I guess and if another user quoted from an ignored user I would expect to see the quote in the reply, but of course all of this is redundant since it’s never going to be implemented. But do think a pop-up as mentioned above might be useful. It’ll maybe save more pointless threads like this. Wink

Mav

Now where's that ignore buttonWink