Fixes: 63

I hate dynamic avatars

I am looking at you @HarryB and @Chris

34 REPLIES 34
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: I hate dynamic avatars

I did wonder if it was a conspiracy, along with Foxy to dissuade people from visiting the forum Wink

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

A combination of that and the LARGE icons in many staff signatures.  (Is the rule on signature size being amended Angel )

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend

I just switched sigs back on to have a look and then switched them off again - UGH!!

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

It's just as well that they are rarely seen on the new forum.

Plusnet staff that is.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

I've had this installed since the new forum went live. Automatically pauses all gifs until I click a little play icon overlay or hover over them.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Oldjim
Resting Legend

Thanks very much Bob - now installed

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

google do an add on for chrome too that works here https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/animation-policy/ncigbofjfbodhkaffojakplpmnleeoee/reviews
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I have to confess, I hate the new forum.  The layout, the dynamic avatars in fact I can't find anything I like about it.

Just had quick look through the forums, and it seems to me that there is less 'traffic' on here than before the change - is this symptomatic of how people feel?

Can we have the old forum back please? Just as an option, run side-by-side with the new format. Count the hits and see which is most popular. I still don't understand the desire for change at any cost.

Rant over. Ticked_off

Hello everyone, I'm still alive!!Thumbs_Up

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I'm sure you've noticed that the onus has been put on the forum user to load up browser addons in an attempt to make the forum more usuable instead of the other way around.

Still looking for the oldforum addon.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

@rogadodge wrote:

I have to confess, I hate the new forum.  The layout, the dynamic avatars in fact I can't find anything I like about it.

There are quite a number of the *NEW* features that are good and useful - if only they could be made to operate reliably and consistently.  The layout and styling have been commented on, only to meet the proverbial "brick wall" of "it's Plusnet housestyle" - a position that does need challenging.
I'm still optimistic that can will be made to make things significantly improve, though after 6+ weeks of waiting for updates from lithium my initial enthusiasm is waning.

Can we have the old forum back please?.

I'd guess that this is now not easily achievable - or desired.   There was a great deal needing to be done on the old Community to just bring it up to date and easier to maintain.  With hindsight it may have been better to keep this new Community site 'under wraps' until it was in a better state for public launch.  Drifting off topic now.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Things are going a bit OT here with the original gripe about dynamic avatars has now gone over to how the community looks and the layout.

Lithium do not make any changes to how the community looks, that would be down to me making those changes and speaking with the community team about getting certain design elements approved before going forward. Saying that, if there is anything that you think could be improved upon (look and feel) I am always very open to any suggestions and take all feedback very seriously.

Please create a new thread with a clear subject line and an explanation of the kind of things you think could be changed and we will do our best to answer any questions you have. We aren't 'locked' into a design and we do have room to make changes where needed and improve upon what is here right now.

PS sorry for being so quiet over the last week, I've been busy with other projects and have had no time to do much else.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

And to throw my two pence in..

I am not a fan of animated avatars but what I really don't like is those avatars that change to something completely different on page refresh. That's just a bit odd to me Crazy2

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Thanks @jaread83  your contribution to the debate is ongoing and most welcome. Smiley 

I've deliberately held off commenting on style / layout issues pending movement on the many more significant issues with performance and general operation - all in the lithium basket.  Not much point in polishing the chrome on a car with a failing engine?

Happy to see the thread split.

M

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@Oldjim Isn't this probably all part and parcel of someone's desire to "make the forum more fun" - remember words along those lines many months ago Crazy2
I note with interest one of the people who thanked your OP Lips_are_sealed

Thanks for the add-on Bob - just the job Thumbs_Up