cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I contact Community Admin to get account and login help?

tezzab1

How do I contact Community Admin to get account and login help?

I'm unable to find out how to contact any Community administrators to get help with my account. I joined PlusNet in 2003 and had been a community member for many years. Recently I tried to login to the Plusnet Community and to be fair, I can't even remember how long it is since I had logged in to the Community, but was refused as it said my details were incorrect. I used the forgotten details link twice last week but have not yet received any responses. I therefore tried to register and found that my username wasn't available (which could be because it was my username).

i've created a new username and account in order to try to post on the community to get login help as it seems you can't get help unless you're actively registered and online.

Hoping someone can help or PM me.

4 REPLIES 4
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: How do I contact Community Admin to get account and login help?

@tezzab1 

I have replied by PM.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

The principles of why this user cannot use the reset / account recovery process and how users should go about sorting out such problems would be helpful in informing others who might encounter this issue.

I would suspect that the email address associated with the original account either no longer exists or is not monitored / accessible … but I might well be wrong!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Townman - It's possible this is related to some problems we had with some existing user accounts when we migrated over to this platform from the previous forums back in April 2016(?) if @tezzab1 hasn't logged in since before then.

I think we assumed we got most of this out of the way in the couple of weeks that followed the migration, although there's always a chance someone will come back years later, but I'd imagine the amount of people this will still affect is minimal.

Unless @Mav has already sorted this, the easiest way around it may be for @Gandalf (Or anyone else on the social media team) to give @tezzab1 a call and pass dpa checks on their broadband account (As old forum accounts were linked to the broadband account) and try to confirm as much information from the forum account in question. Then set the user a new temporary password or update the email address on the old account so the user can go through the password reset process.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
tezzab

Thanks for all your help. You guys are very efficient in responding.

Great service!