cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How about some more moderators

geewizz
Grafter

How about some more moderators

Looks like there is a lack of moderators to deal with the forums.
Does it take several committee meetings to set up some rules, 5 polls to whittle them down, 3 weeks of nominations, another two weeks of polls, a committee meeting to appraise any objections and a couple of pints to mull over the results before moderators can be put into action?
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: How about some more moderators

Quote from: geewizz
And what is the basis for that statement
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: geewizz
Does it take several committee meetings to set up some rules, 5 polls to whittle them down, 3 weeks of nominations, another two weeks of polls, a committee meeting to appraise any objections and a couple of pints to mull over the results before moderators can be put into action?

Sounds like there are too many moderators if they've got time for all those meetings!

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Not applicable

What makes you say there is a lack of moderators?
Aside from that, as we've said since we started discussing changing the layout, we propose adding moderators in the not too distant future.
In the past we've had difficulty finding candidates who had both the right qualities and enough time.
To ease the burden we are hoping to have moderators look after smaller groups of boards, or even single boards. The idea is that more people will be willing if they don't feel they have to look after all 27 current boards (not counting archive boards).
We've trialled the sub-moderator principle with PUG; Usergroup members being responsible in the main for moderating the boards for Community Trials. so far it seems to be working very well - so I don't see a reason why we won't extend this to the other boards over time.
Obviously we don't want to ask somebody to moderate a section now, then remove or change that section later - much better to get the layout right, then look for people who would make a good moderator at a later stage.
geewizz
Grafter

I see. In that case I will just have to hold my patience for a new moderator to be installed after the changes to deal with a flagged post which undoubtedly breaks the simplest of forum rules.
Though I expect I'll get hauled over the coals first for a flagrant trespass over the crossposting line.
Not applicable

Perhaps the 'report to moderator' link might be a useful tool for flagging such a post.
The last two posts you flagged using that link have both been dealt with (12/09/2008 and 02/09/2008)
Unless you are meaning a post flagged by somebody else?
geewizz
Grafter

Very strange. I definitely typed out a report screen because I have a vivid recollection of the type. I can only assume that I failed to hit enter or I got logged off before it was uploaded.
Oh well, you live and learn.
I'll look forward to the elections. If anyone wants campaign material then let me know early so that I can change my printer cartridge.