Did you mean: 

Has post display width been changed?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Has post display width been changed?

@jaread83

See https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/No-service-from-July-16th/m-p/1461282#M77844

I have just noticed that the right hand edge of my macro code content is being trimmed.

In the post create / edit box all looks fine - as it always has done, but the preview window (and topic view) shows the right hand edge of the box trimmed.

Has the skin wrinkled?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

3 REPLIES 3
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Has post display width been changed?

Nope, nothing has changed. The shadow will not go outside the container width that's all.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Jack,

In normal view, the only width control is in the messageBodySimpleDisplay_4 <div> where .lia-quilt-coloum-24 creates a width value (of 775.5 px on my screen).  My macro content just goes-with-the-flow.

Is there any possibility that in the process of squeezing out white-space, padding in any of the parent containers was removed?

Clearly I can fix this for new uses of the macro by adding a right hand margin ... if I have to! Wink

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

The box-shadow CSS property does not comply with conventional CSS box-model and is displayed outside of the element. If the parent container meets the edge of your macro container that has a shadow applied to it, its going to be cut off as both edges are touching and the parent container will not display anything outside of it. The only thing I can suggest is either:

1. Adjust the box-shadow to only appear at the bottom edge of the element
  2. Remove the box-shadow CSS
  3. Change the width of your macro to a slightly smaller size.
  4. Apply 13px margin to the right side of the element to accomodate the shadow width (this is what I would do).

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.