Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Chat

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

Re: General Chat

@shutter I didn't! I marked it as fixed just after the reply was made so there would only have been a handful of replies when I did it. But regardless, the code that sets the icons must apply the 'Fixed' icon after the 'Locked' one.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Ah well,... the mysteries of "code".... .... wonder if we will ever get the answer to the other question.....

Can we have an update, please, on whether General Chat is going to be re-instated, 

I have closed it, but not yet forever..................

UNQUOTE..

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

This reminds me of the bad old days on ebay's forum. Lots of problems with trouble makers. Instead of getting rid of them the mods tended to side with them, supported by the forum admin.

It all came to a head with a lot of name calling which the admin unbelievable started. Of course when many retaliated they were all banned. Which I expect was the object of the exercise.

That's a problem with aliases. Who exactly were the trouble makers that they seemed to get so much support. Of course there were many very obvious answers to that with ebay employee's being top. Over there at least the forum admin came clean in the end by joining in and firmly showing his support for those that were causing all the problems.

Those in charge weren't the the solution to the problem. They were the problem. Thankfully they have all long since been confined to the dustbin of time.

I 'd like to think that there's no parallel to this board. I'd like to.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

@shutter wrote:

Correction to my last... the 7up thread was not "locked" by MAV.. but by Dvorak.

No it wasn't, not sure where you got that idea from.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
shutter
Community Veteran

@dvorak   Said............... No it wasn't, not sure where you got that idea from.

To quote an old saying.....

"The proof of the pudding..................... "

dvorak lock 02.png

Further proof that you DID lock it..... despite your denials....   click on the linky to that thread...  and READ and INWARDLY DIGEST .. what you said....

dvorak lock 01.png

@Dvorak said...    No it wasn't, not sure where you got that idea from.

Perhaps you can be sure, now, where I got the idea from....  ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ?Huh

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

@shutter wrote:

@dvorak   Said............... No it wasn't, not sure where you got that idea from.

To quote an old saying.....

"The proof of the pudding..................... "

dvorak lock 02.png

Further proof that you DID lock it..... despite your denials....   click on the linky to that thread...  and READ and INWARDLY DIGEST .. what you said....

dvorak lock 01.png

@Dvorak said...    No it wasn't, not sure where you got that idea from.

Perhaps you can be sure, now, where I got the idea from....  ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ?Huh

Probably just forgot - nobody can remember everything. I can rarely remember my dinner from the day before.

@shutter wrote:

Correction to my last... the 7up thread was not "locked" by MAV.. but by Dvorak.

@Mook  so .. you marked it as "fixed"... After.... it was "Locked"... therefore the padlock was "replaced" by the "Tick" for it being fixed  ? ? ?  sounds logical...

BUT... (as you said.)...  ----->   this icon is applied after the locked icon which is why you don't see it.

how come you were able to reply  *fixed*  to a previously "locked" thread  ? ? ? ? Undecided

Looks to me like the ticked icon now takes priority over the locked one - irrespective of time either are set. That's a pretty simple and logical explanation which makes sense to me.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
shutter
Community Veteran

@7up    Surely, someone who is an experienced Mod, would double check to make sure of his facts before posting , rather than relying on memory.... 

It would not have taken long... he could have referred to  "message101".. which clearly showed the "lock" situation.

Or he could have just checked the Thread List and clicked on the thread showing his name against your thread with the "padlock".

Either way.   Embarrassed. it is an embarrassing situation for a MOD to be in  Embarrassed...

which is probably why he has declined further comment or apology for his erroneous post saying        "  It wasn`t me guv...... "Embarrassed

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Well there are so many nonsense threads about chat that have been locked lately it was hard to keep track of which thread you were on about and you didn't explicitly link to it.
So yes I did close that one and Mav closed another one.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

@shutter wrote:

@7up    Surely, someone who is an experienced Mod, would double check to make sure of his facts before posting , rather than relying on memory.... 

It would not have taken long... he could have

Seriously? dvorak this, dvorak that, dvorak, dvorak, dvorak...

The guy forgot. It's pretty bl**dy clear, everyone makes mistakes - including YOU who pushed too far and shut down GC in the first place with that pickfords thread.

Not content with that you're now taking it out on him at every opportunity in here.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note(s):

Thread locked.

PPlease click here.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still