General Chat... IS BACK!

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

General Chat... IS BACK!

screenshot-1305

But there's a gotcha.. - if you click on it you get this:

screenshot-1306

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
42 REPLIES 42
Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 11

Re: General Chat... IS BACK!

It may be back but it's still locked. 

Click on any post :

"The message you are trying to access is not available."

Unable to start new topic.

7up
Community Veteran

and now it's vanished again.

@dvorak you are clearly playing games. Please just reinstate it.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

It was never reinstated - could be a caching issue.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

How much cash are we talking about?

Oops sorry, misread you!   Cheesy

PowerLee
Pro
Fixes: 2

PlusNet are not going to reinstate the General Chat forum section no matter how many people whine or threaten legal action or to write to PlusNet.

We where repeatedly warned, some people just ignored the warnings, the promised action was taken & General Chat is now gone.

The AV Forums have a very large general chat / discussion session, its where all the upset Digital Spy forum users went to when they closed down there General Discussion forum.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@PowerLee wrote:

The AV Forums have a very large general chat / discussion session, its where all the upset Digital Spy forum users went to when they closed down there General Discussion forum.

I'll We'll see you over there then @PowerLee .

If I we don't make it, start without me us.  Wink

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

@PowerLee 

Where were we "repeatedly warned, some people just ignored the warnings, the promised action was taken & General Chat is now gone" ?

I  miss most thing these days, so I guess I must have missed that.

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
PowerLee
Pro

@RobPN wrote:

@PowerLee wrote:

I'll We'll see you over there then @PowerLee .

If I we don't make it, start without me us.  Wink

I'm not a member over there & hardly ever post on Digital Spy any more either.

7up
Community Veteran

@PowerLee wrote:

PlusNet are not going to reinstate the General Chat forum section no matter how many people whine or threaten legal action or to write to PlusNet.

We where repeatedly warned, some people just ignored the warnings, the promised action was taken & General Chat is now gone.

Incorrect, we were repeatedly warned yes but we were not told that they would be planting multiple trolls on the forum in order to excuse themselves shutting it down.

We all know those same trolls kept coming back time and time again and yet all the mods did was defend them. Oddly Mav hasn't been around for some while, he's also not the type to use that tactic. Strat isn't the type either - although I've fallen foul of him in the past i know he wouldn't do it.

So who does that leave? - Only one other mod kept threatening to close GC while ignoring the trolls.

As for legal action, I can always make a subject access request in order to see all of my old posts. 

PowerLee
Pro

@7up wrote:

@PowerLee wrote:

Incorrect, we were repeatedly warned yes but we were not told that they would be planting multiple trolls on the forum in order to excuse themselves shutting it down.

We all know those same trolls kept coming back time and time again and yet all the mods did was defend them. Oddly Mav hasn't been around for some while, he's also not the type to use that tactic. Strat isn't the type either - although I've fallen foul of him in the past i know he wouldn't do it.

So who does that leave? - Only one other mod kept threatening to close GC while ignoring the trolls.

As for legal action, I can always make a subject access request in order to see all of my old posts. 

Planting multiple trolls 🤣 where's my tin foil hat 🤔

Minivanman
Legend

@PowerLee 

Multiple or not, @7up  is spot on.

It is beyond question that certain trolls were, without redress, allowed to infest the GC forum in order to shut it down. What other conclusion could you reach?

Trying to strangle the spark of life out of it by banning words, banning subjects (politics being the latest) and banning those that dared to have a voice and challenge the stupidity of it all, was a call for even more subterfuge. 

Ditch the tin foil hat and smell the coffee. This particular blend stinks and the smell is going to around for quite some time unless a certain totally useless and partisan moderator is given his marching orders.

No General Chat and the Plusnet Forum if not already, is going to be as dry and lifeless as the BT support Community - which has about as much life in it as that dead parrot. 

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
7up
Community Veteran

@dvorak wrote:
It was never reinstated - could be a caching issue.

@dvorak 

Explain the server error (that i posted above) that is seen when clicking the link - Because normally it's a access denied message in a plusnet forum page. That error message comes direct from the server.

Further, when opening General Chat in an incognito window all the topics are visible - but locked. That's not a caching issue.

Like i said, stop playing games with us. You or someone at plusnet / BT is tinkering.

screenshot-1308

Minivanman
Legend

@7up 

Somebody at the controls is wearing a hat far too big I'm thinking.

R.jpg

It's a joke by the way. 😉

Herman Melville
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Thanks all for your feedback, I'm really sorry that many of you are missing general chat.

@PowerLee wrote:

That's not quite true. I decided to close it and I am planning to reactivate it one last time. I'm currently leaning towards the idea of returning it as a clean slate, but if we need to remove it again it will likely be permanent.

Please remember that this place is still representative of Plusnet, and, some of the attitudes displayed in there between users is not something we would like our brand associated with. It's easier for us to close it than not, a couple of buttons and it's gone forever without it needing any more work, ever, but I appreciate the community that do come and do stick to the rules and hope that I can continue to keep GC open for them, and that's currently my aim.

I'd also like to point out for people saying that we are planting users to make posts in general chat so that we can shut it down, that we don't require any reason at all not to provide a forum of any kind, let alone a General Chat board usable by people that are not customers of ours.

Finally there is currently no work going on with the forums, they're not being tinkered with, nobody is doing anything and our moderating team, who seem to be catching a lot of my blame here don't have the access to be able to do the kind of tinkering inferred. 

If anyone has any specific questions, or has suggestions please feel free to PM me.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager