cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fuel queues (Community feedback - on this site)

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Fuel queues (Community feedback - on this site)

Nasty out there today. Queued 2 hours nearly. I onyl took 20 quid plus an extra 5L for the next time i'm going to be queuing but it was horrible.

But on our local group someone on FB posted that teh local out of town garage is moaning he's got loads of fuel and nobody is stopping to buy it.

If you're in a pickle, ring your nearby out of town fuel stations as they may well have some - but try the independant ones first.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
6 REPLIES 6
Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: Fuel queues (Community feedback - on this site)

Hopefully nobody filling up cans. 🙄

No petrol in garages, no turkeys for Christmas.

How come they never run short of Brussel sprouts and if they did, would people queue to buy 'em? 

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

@Minivanman wrote:

Hopefully nobody filling up cans. 🙄

No petrol in garages, no turkeys for Christmas.

How come they never run short of Brussel sprouts and if they did, would people queue to buy 'em? 

With their very name why would any upright Brexit voter yeoman Englishman want them? And Turkey a bit same too seeming more and more to favour the other tesm.UndecidedGrin

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Minivanman
Legend

@Luzern 

Quite right, so it's no more Camembert cheese, no more Waldorf Salads, no more Jaffa oranges - and certainly no Nürnberger Bratwurst!

Egg, beans and chips it is then... although hang on, where do those beans come from? 😃

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

We live out of town and all our nearby garages are dry. As soon as a tanker appears word gets out on FB and a huge queue forms.

Our nearest is an independent BP  at the top of the village. We were passing by at 5pm on Thursday, just as the BBC news was reporting queues building. I was almost down to the red light so nipped in to fill up (was going to leave it until next day); by the time I'd finished and paid the forecourt was packed. He ran dry on Friday and isn't expecting a delivery until Tuesday

Minivanman
Legend

@beeceegee 

So you jumped the queue then.  😉

Herman Melville
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This isn't free chat replacement. Topic locked. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'