Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forums won't remember login

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Forums won't remember login

Ever since the outage this morning I have to login when restarting Firefox despite having selected stay logged in

I tried clearing cookies to no avail

6 REPLIES 6
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Forums won't remember login

Things were OK for me when I first managed to Login around 12:00 is, but having seen your report Jim  closed FF down and restarted.  Now I'm getting the same and have to Login each time - any correlation with the tweaks @jaread83 made to cookie time outs earlier today?

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Maybe. Because I changed the expiry of the cookie to never expire the system might just have prompted your browser to get the new cookie without an expiry. I will now close my browser and restart to see what happens...

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It also logged me out after closing my browser. I think that it needed a new cookie without the expiration so what I will do now is completely close my browser again and see if it sticks. If it logs me out this time then I will raise a support ticket with Lithium to investigate.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Okay.. so I have found that setting the cookie to never expire does exactly the opposite and the cookie is not present when restarting the browser. I expected to be logged out on the first restart, logged in, seems fine.. then I restarted browser again, logged out! Signed back in again, restarted browser... did this 4 or 5 times and it asked me to log in everytime! That is extremely annoying!

So I have adjusted the expiry to be 2 months (that's the maximum it allows in the system) and I will be raising this as a support ticket to be investigated as it doesn't do what it says on the tin.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Thanks - I wondered why it started working again

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry about that. I thought I had found a golden egg when I saw I could set the cookie to never expire. Turns out it was more of a dog egg than golden.

I have asked Louisa to report this issue to Lithium to see if we can get that fixed.