Did you mean: 

Formatting of PM posts

FIXED
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Formatting of PM posts

When viewing PM (sent) posts the text is all scrunched up.  Looking at the CSS, I observed...

p{margin:0 0 12px }

In /skins/1311861/9a564793a1f6f10ae5bca9e7e2c69da3/plusnet_responsive_v2.css at plusnet_responsive_v2.css (1,9244)

Is there a coordinate missing here? Should it be ...

p{margin:0 0 12px 0 }

Hacking the CSS in debug mode making margin-bottom : 12px delivers a great improvement on readability.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

3 REPLIES 3
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Formatting of PM posts

Fix

Hi Townman,
CSS fills in the blanks and margin: 0 0 12px; will render the same as margin: 0 0 12px 0;
The p tags in the PMs are actually being set at a base level (overiding the browser default) via the following:

.lia-message-body-content p, .lia-message-body p, .lia-message-editor p, .lia-note-body p {
    margin-bottom: 0;
}

The above CSS is part of the Lithium CSS that I can't change, I have to override that stuff.

And for p tags in other areas - they are set individually like this (to override the above with my own css):

.lia-message-body-content p, .lia-message-editor p {
    margin-bottom: 0.5em;
}

So this can be fixed with a little bit of CSS, probably look to adding to the above CSS so its all the same.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

I have fixed this on staging @Townman. I have snuck it in with the changes I am doing to a missing js library CDN so I might be able to get this live later on.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@jaread83,

Thank you for the prompt fix.  I do wish similar hacks offered elsewhere could be snuck in so quickly.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.