cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgotten username

mdbarber
Dabbler

Forgotten username

Not sure if anyone is aware but there doesn't appear to be a method easily identifiable to find your username for the forums if you have forgotten it.

The link on the main page says click here if you have, but the landing page only has an option for resetting your password...

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Forgotten username

I don't think there is one, @mdbarber  - but as a general principle for any forum login/user account details, I find it incredibly useful to write them down in a book kept solely for that purpose.

John
mdbarber
Dabbler

normally do, but obviously i am not able to maintain the standard of perfection required by the companies i spend money with Wink

Mav
Fixes: 515

@mdbarber 

Unless I have misunderstood your issue your usename can be seen to the right of each of your posts - in this case: mdbarber. 

If you have another username you have forgotten then, if you can remember the email address you used to sign up, you can search for that in the Search Bar at the top selecting 'Users' from the drop down menu.

If you find you other username please let us know as only one membership is allowed.

Edit: I think that option is a mod-only tool.

If you PM any of the mods the email address we can look into that for you.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

mdbarber
Dabbler

I was in a rush and did not have time to follow false leads, i hit the first of those so wasted no more time and created another account, later when i had more time to think about it i found a way to track the info down.

Still, false leads are worse than dead ends and this was feedback highlighting the error on the page, not a question