Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback Survey Pop-up

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Feedback Survey Pop-up

It is most annoying, and RUDE, to say the least, about this PlusNet feedback survey.  It keeps popping up, at least twice a day, for the past couple of weeks, or more... I could be writing a message, and then the survey pops up, and bullies me into responding before I can complete what I was doing.

I have replied everytime, but I am still getting it popping up... already first thing this morning.

WHY? surely once it has been answered, there is no need to keep SPAMMING people, and having to complete it or X it everytime before being able to complete what was started, is the height of rudeness.

22 REPLIES 22
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Feedback Survey Pop-up

Do you have a cookie cruncher installed?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

shutter
Community Veteran

@Townman  Speak english please. ! .

Cookies are cleared at the end of the day.  by default  but that is no reason why it should repeat itself during the day.  nor should it be able to repeat itself once it is completed.

This has happened in the past... then it `s stopped for a couple of years.. Now it is back with a vengeance.

Of course, it gets a ZERO score on every choice. due to it`s insistence, . and the more  times it gets a ZERO, the lower the "perceived" respect and response level witll be associated with the results. Therefore the survey result is meaningless, or has little purpose regarding the "bragging" rights for advertising/sales purposes.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Cookie cruncher - cookie cleaner both English.

These surveys are cookie controlled.  Clearing cookies will remove the indication that the survey has been done.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

They are a pain in the :green_apple::green_apple::green_apple:

There have been many posts about that on here but can't find any at present  

I think it was Mook who suggested

When "Manage Cookie Setting " comes up you have to have the top one "Essential Cookies" leave all the others as OUT

Then Submit Preferences 

It works for me I don't get then until I clear cookies on Chrome

shutter
Community Veteran

Well, if PlusNet are happy to receive ZERO for all questions, as a response everyday... then that will skew the results from "what nice people we are...." to  err...( minimum 365 zero`s) something less useful for advertising effect.  then carry on.  Still does not cover why it has suddently started appearing again, after so long.... maybe the survey company are getting short of money and want to increase their "take" by producing this survey again.   ( repeat order from PlusNet  ? ? ? ) probably cheaper than carrying out a "proper" survey. Whatever it is,... it is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx annoying and RUDE to the nth degree..

Do the survey, or else you can`t continue using the forum, or doing whatever. X the survey to continue, will allow you to continue...but it is of no actual survey value to the survey company, or to plusnet... so making it a pointless survey, put out to annoy people.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

I don't have CCleaner on this Linux machine - it doesn't seem to want to install, not surprisingly, but as I never intentionally bother logging out of this - or other - forums, I don't 'clear cookies'. Would it not be an idea to just remain logged in?

John
shutter
Community Veteran

@Smith7  I shall look out for that, and see if it makes a difference. normally I  don`t bother about cookies... but in this case... it looks like I have to bow down and capitulate, or be annoyed by the useless survey.

shutter
Community Veteran

@jab1  Difficult to leave the laptop logged in and powered up, and connected 24/7   ! .

jab1
Legend

@shutter I don't - I just don't bother logging out of the forum(s).

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@jab1 

This might well work if you keep the Plusnet cookie but many of us has the ‘Clear cookies on exit’ option set on our browser. This clears it when you switch the computer off.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

@Baldrick1 OK . I admit I don't have that option set - never had. On the Windows machine - now only used for emergencies or the couple of programs I haven't found an easy Linux equivalent for - CC was set to clear cookies - EXCEPT for those I explicitly told it to keep.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@jab1 

It’s a setting in Firefox. I have not checked that it’s there on my Linux machine but assume that it’s there.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

@Baldrick1 I know that - all I said is that I have never used it.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@Baldrick1 wrote:

@jab1 

This might well work if you keep the Plusnet cookie but many of us has the ‘Clear cookies on exit’ option set on our browser. This clears it when you switch the computer off.

If you send the computer to sleep or hibernate it, then cookies will not be cleared.